Sign in to follow this  

My 1994 Kx125 project, pics, goals, and updates

Here's the deal. Typical father and husband of 5 kids and a crazy job. Needed something to wrench on and eventually have some fun on. Finances low but always been one to fix what I can . Anyways, got this bike which has been beat on pretty bad.

-Air filter was almost non existent,

-water in the case,

-Rear break not working,

-not running,

-plastics shot,

-muffler packing gone

-slick for a back tire

-forks leaking etc.

Fixed so far

-made seat cover

-cleaned carb and tank

-cleaned air box , new filter

-it runs

-no water in case(broken O-ring replaced on oil filler)

-spark plug

More to come......

Looking forward to your build thread. I'm a Father and husband of 3. My 96 125 took a lil over two years. This is with $1100 total including purchase price. Lots of elbow grease.

Before

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448255325.476897.jpg

After

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448255348.203233.jpg

That's awesome @crashhard_17 . I'm figuring this should keep me busy for a while. But having the kids pick up a wrench and getting greasy is awesome. Thanks for posting your ride

• Like 1

Couldn't see more than 30 holes prior to cleaning. Here goes packingImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448435533.293876.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448436451.333064.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448436479.166373.jpg

Pretty simple, hope this helps out the next rookie

When someone recommends gloves when packing fiberglass listen, wish I did , stuffs got me ichin like crazy

Was hoping bike might of had upgraded sprockets but no, stock 12 F and 49 R. Will have to get more trail friendly setup some time.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1449303634.283994.jpg

Also a chain , O-rings are out like bell bottom jeans

When someone recommends gloves when packing fiberglass listen, wish I did , stuffs got me ichin like crazy

I used to work in a plant that made fiberglass sheets, took me 3 days to quit..could not move my hands it was so bad. 

This little thread is for those guys and gals who find it difficult to afford new parts. Cleaned out what I had and now have rear brakes

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1449448208.829618.jpg

First, you guys should say, "husband and father of 5/3 kids", not "father and husband of 5/3 kids". Otherwise, it sounds like you married a bunch of kids and you guys aren't even in Utah.

Second, what are you doing for plastics? These years are getting super tough to find anything in decent shape.

Thats pretty boss, good old 94 KX, they had a ripper of a motor.

Got any good riding spots where you are?