CRF450x wins the baja 1000 again

I know, it's a 2005 model with different graphics, yet they keep waxing the competition.  The other bikes must be even worse!!!  this is such a bad time to own a dirt bike, no innovation in 11 years.  Come on progress, save us!

• Like 2

I am a Honda guy thru and thru. Always happy to see Red being successful but other than in a straight line the X is a total bust for me. Our lower speed, tight and over ridden trails put the X(both) in a bad light. Especially the 450. The overriding factor is the top heaviness in a constant right-left trail filled with deep sand whoops. Just physically wears you out in an event like an enduro or HS. Trail riding is acceptable since you can take a break when needed. Less weight centered lower would help in our area.

Put the Honda down all you want to. These bikes that OX Motorsports are running have over 10 years under the watchful eyes of riders and managers such as Bruce O. and Johnny C. I know that JCR hasn't been doing the pitting for Colton Udall lately but he is now one of the fastest and most knowledgeable Baja racers out their. The bike that they were riding is nothing like the x your riding on but you can make yours very similar.

Winning Baja is just about speed, it's about pits and riding smart.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeaaa!!  I just got a 16 and everyone asked me why I didn't get a KTM. They don't understand the amount of aftermarket parts and accessories for these bikes makes them super cheap to maintain and upgrade. I don't give a shit about EFI and as far as I can see that is really the only difference.  

• Like 2