Sign in to follow this  

Rm250

Hey guys so I just got a 93 rm250 the other day and found this. Does anyone have any idea what it's for? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448261891.725781.jpg

You really are going to want to get a hose for the overflow on the powervalve or else just after one ride your whole boot and side case of your engine will be black!

As RDR states it is part of the PV system. It is actually the part that tensions the spring which controls at what point in the rpm the PV starts to operate. Less spring tension allows the PV to start opening earlier, and vice versa.

It is well worth giving the PV system a good service to check it is operating properly and that all the components are in good condition. The two PV guides that align and support the main valves can work loose if their retaining screws are not properly tightened. This can cause the guides to move around and wear. They can be accessed through the front cover on the cylinder which is behind the vent hose in your pic.

Thanks for the replies guys, does anyone know what the stock setting would be? And I do have a hose, I just took it off so I could look at this thing better

Thanks for the replies guys, does anyone know what the stock setting would be? And I do have a hose, I just took it off so I could look at this thing better

Pretty certain the stock setting is 1 turn clockwise. Obviously you will need to remove the two retaining screws and the cap, check the springs is ok, then refit and apply the clockwise turn. From there you can fine tune it to suit you best.

Don't apply more than a couple of turns as the spring will not tolerate that much, it will bind on the shaft or break.