Sign in to follow this  

Pipe gaurd

Sorry if this question has been asked already on here but if it has I can't seem to find it (using mobile)

I have a 300rr and am using the p3 Carbon exhaust gaurd. I've still managed to bend the pipe scaling over a tree stump. Anyways the question is: does anyone know of another full metal gaurd other than the force accessories one?

Edited by 82Animal

Sorry if this question has been asked already on here but if it has I can't seem to find it (using mobile)

I have a 300rr and am using the p3 Carbon exhaust gaurd. I've still managed to bend the pipe scaling over a tree stump. Anyways the question is: does anyone know of another full metal gaurd other than the force accessories one?

This should help

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1077008-beta-300rr-pipe-guard-skid-plate-options/page-4?hl=%2Bbeta+%2Bpipe+%2Bguard#entry12543587

Yes it does, about 5 lbs...average.

It's a trade off for sure.

The cf guard won't stop the pipe from being folded when dropping it on a log or rock.

I modified my cage to cover the pipe just below the center....3 rails, I removed the side protection. That cut the weight down to 2lbs.

But my trade off is removing dents....which I did this morning. A nice tennis ball sized one.

• Like 1

Yes it does, about 5 lbs...average.

It's a trade off for sure.

The cf guard won't stop the pipe from being folded when dropping it on a log or rock.

I modified my cage to cover the pipe just below the center....3 rails, I removed the side protection. That cut the weight down to 2lbs.

But my trade off is removing dents....which I did this morning. A nice tennis ball sized one.

Yea I kept going back and forth on getting a custom cage... I ended up just getting the flatland ktm pipe guard and the regular enduro engineering skid plate. .. pretty good and pretty light and decent protection.. but I know the pipe cage is the best protection.. but this is good enough and lighter. I might get one later if I get bored I guess. I don't like the big weight cage guards..but no free lunch.

Maybe you could make or get someone to make a pipe cage.. it's common enough in Hawaii and more people make them now.. It's not cheap.. some are harder to make than others..I've heard the prices to be almost free with friends making and finding scraps to make to close to $700 and those being like perfect works of art. Most are maybe $200 to $400. ..  Here's an example.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1160817-2016-xtrainer-stainless-pipe-cage-build/

Here's my bike with a flatland made for a stock ktm 300 and a nice 300 race with a custom pipe guard..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I've messaged them with no reply. The force gaurd doesn't offer side impact protection

So if you want something like this then moto was right..pipe cage looks like a good choice. Other than that get the force and keep your carbon fiber guard to use with it. I dont know of other companies that provide a comparable one with as much protection as you seem to want. Edited by hawaiidirtrider

They replied. As I thought they don't do one yet for the beta. The force and cf gaurd combo will more than likely be the route I have to take. Would be nice if someone done something that offered full cover like the outsider racing one. It's just a ball ache having to need to things for the same purpose, also cleaning becomes more of a chore. Anyways that's enough complaining from me for one day :)

• Like 1

They replied. As I thought they don't do one yet for the beta. The force and cf gaurd combo will more than likely be the route I have to take. Would be nice if someone done something that offered full cover like the outsider racing one. It's just a ball ache having to need to things for the same purpose, also cleaning becomes more of a chore. Anyways that's enough complaining from me for one day :)

Easy ..make or have someone make one..there are lots of examples..the cage guard is easier to clean..dirt/mud doesnt get trapped so much. Price of the force and the one indicated probably costs similar...or you can go like me..with flatland..If I hit something that hard that I bend the pipe I'll just buy a new pipe..or finally design and make or have made a custom guard.