Sign in to follow this  

2014 Fork Guard replacement with open back plastics

Anyone know where to get WHT 2006 type KTM fork guards. I want to change out the closed back version on my 2014 it has the older round pattern 3 screw mount, the newer KTM/Huskys have the "square pattern" mount 2 crews front 1 screw side type set up. I bought 2016 open back fork guards thinking that they would fit...nogo

Anyone know where to get WHT 2006 type KTM fork guards. I want to change out the closed back version on my 2014 it has the older round pattern 3 screw mount, the newer KTM/Huskys have the "square pattern" mount 2 crews front 1 screw side type set up. I bought 2016 open back fork guards thinking that they would fit...nogo Also thought I saw somewhere that Showa/Honda lugs have the same pattern as the older WP lugs(??)

My 2015 TE 250 has the wraparound style too, and I thought I read where you can change them to the TC versions as a direct bolt on? Will probably change mine over this winter when I disassemble the forks for fluid service.

Its done, its only plastic I was looking for OEM RFI stuff.

first I cut the backs but left them intact but even with holes and zipties they didn't stay well- zip ties kept snapping and sides rolled over each other closing the guards.

Then I dremeled the the entire rear pieces off, but they seemed way too open and exposed on the sides. So that's why I wanted an OEM style replacement.

Which I got from Cycra.... which in my opinion are still a little bit too open on the sides, but will do.