Sign in to follow this  

Beta's manufactured per year since 2010?

Ok, while many may not care, but I was wondering since 2010, how many of each version (250/300/350/400/430/450/480/520) has been built, or at least imported into the USA. I guess I'd kinda like to know how/if the volume of models has increased from the factory since the beginning of the Beta motor(s) only.

I'm sure Tim has these numbers, but wondering if any dealers have seen any reports on production #'s released for sale. Yeah 5 years of statistics, from 2010-2015. And like most I know 2016 will surpass 2015 for production numbers as the popularity increases.

We all know that Beta is still a small share of the overall market of on/offroad motorcycles but just curious...

• Like 1

Ok, while many may not care, but I was wondering since 2010, how many of each version (250/300/350/400/430/450/480/520) has been built, or at least imported into the USA. I guess I'd kinda like to know how/if the volume of models has increased from the factory since the beginning of the Beta motor(s) only.

I'm sure Tim has these numbers, but wondering if any dealers have seen any reports on production #'s released for sale. Yeah 5 years of statistics, from 2010-2015. And like most I know 2016 will surpass 2015 for production numbers as the popularity increases.

We all know that Beta is still a small share of the overall market of on/offroad motorcycles but just curious...

The only number I've heard was in 2009 ..and at that time 300 bikes were brought into this country per year.. if that is right.. but I had heard it from a variety of sources at the time. There have been about 2 or 3 Betatalk websites that have come and gone since so lots of great info went from earlier.. Now is a different story. I have been wondering the same thing and also wondering who would have some accurate numbers. I have heard that Beta has gotten rid of their minibike lines to make room for more enduro including the xtrainers.. don't know how accurate that is either.. just what I heard.. I had also heard of 17000 bikes being made including the whole line for one year to be distributed around the world.... gotta search where that came up in threads earlier.. just off the top of my head so don't quote me without verification.. interesting topic and i'd like to know...just for the hell of it too..  

It seems like either a model of Beta is sold out or there are just a few left each year.. very few from what i can tell but others may have a different view.. no matter it sure isn't like ktm or other brands that have lots of excess stock of bikes.. just one of our local dealers has over 10 brand new older stock bikes just sitting.. Some 2014's were going for 6k out the door.. not any street legal bikes though.. more 4 strokes are sitting locally too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I've never seen or heard of any manufacture giving out those numbers, its always "I heard" which usually comes 2nd hand from somebodies guess.

Beta is very careful about not having left over bikes at the end the year. They feel that just brings down the value of the product. Both on the new and used market.

• Like 1

The department of transportation has those numbers, and usually releases the information a few years later.

My understanding is that BETA builds less than 20k units per year of it's own motorcycles world wide, and another 10k units per year of motors for KTM models under 125cc's.

43,217 ...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Beta doesn't publish their numbers because they don't have to. Tim is on record as saying that they sell enough bikes, but of course they would love to sell more. The constraint seems to be the capacity of the plant in Italy, but they have survived through the ups and downs of the motorcycle business for lots of years, so maybe they are on to something.

• Like 1

Actually Triumph, BMW and Ducati have published their total volume (units shipped) to North America in the recent past. Also the big 4 have released shipped numbers of certain models now and then.

Basically it was idle curiosity, example how many 400's ever made it to the USA, or how many 450's, before these models were discontinued. 

• Like 1