Sign in to follow this  

2013 yz 125 jetting.

I see a lot of 250 info here but not as much on the 125. I picked one up a couple months ago. Stock including the jetting with the exception of a fmf fatty pipe. Runs really well but out in the desert 3-4k elevation I get alot of spooge. MX track at 1500 ft no spooge but still seems a bit fat. 927 at 32-1. I am pretty good at fine tuning jetting so just looking for a ball park starting point.

Thanks

I see a lot of 250 info here but not as much on the 125. I picked one up a couple months ago. Stock including the jetting with the exception of a fmf fatty pipe. Runs really well but out in the desert 3-4k elevation I get alot of spooge. MX track at 1500 ft no spooge but still seems a bit fat. 927 at 32-1. I am pretty good at fine tuning jetting so just looking for a ball park starting point.

Thanks

Almost like you would have to re-jet for 2000ft of elevation changes :jawdrop: :jawdrop: ..... All joking aside Pulling the jets and seeing what is in there would be my first suggestion. Seems like you're already in the ball park at the track. Lean it out when you go to the desert (one main) should be plenty for only 2k~ of Alt gain. Other than that all the normal stuff should apply, check the Reeds, clip position, and air screw.

Aside from the spooging, when riding at 3-4K elevation is there a part of the powerband (low-mid-top) where it feels to run richer in particular?

Off-idle burble, mid-throttle stutter, less overrev.

I've mentionned it in other threads, having the squish height corrected is often beneficial to many.

see post #7 : http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1161951-2008-yz125-build/

Edited by mlatour