Sign in to follow this  

What to do with helmet bags?

I was cleaning out various gear bags and cabinets in the garage this weekend and found 12 - 15 helmet bags that are like new. Has anyone come up with a good use for the bags that come with a helmet when you buy it? I hate to toss them (filling up the landfill) but really can't think of anything they are good for. Most of them are lightweight and all have drawstrings. A couple are heavy duty and well padded. Any suggestions or just toss them?

I have them hanging out in the shed with all sorts of stuff in them.

• Like 2

These are for old helmets no longer around. I have a helmet bag for the current helmets.

LOL, I figured as much. Just ribbing you..

I put gloves, goggles in them. sometimes clean socks and underwear. I also use them when traveling to group clothes in suitcases

• Like 2

If you have a 300 ex like I do cut a 5x5 square in the airbox lid then use one of them helmet bags to wrap around lid neatly. ..there great no dirt will get thru..oyea and a 135 main jet and bam double the power for a 5$ jet..sorry felt like ramblin @

If you have a 300 ex like I do cut a 5x5 square in the airbox lid then use one of them helmet bags to wrap around lid neatly. ..there great no dirt will get thru..oyea and a 135 main jet and bam double the power for a 5$ jet..sorry felt like ramblin @

If you think that dirt wont get past a helmet bag I would hate to be the person who acquires your quad next.

They would hold a whole lot of goggle.

But that reminded my of using Crown Royal bags to hold hold my marbles when I was 6. Otherwise they make good goggle bags.

new_bags_01.jpg

Honestly, I have used crown bags for my goggles for years. They are just the right size.

• Like 2

I use one to stuff a light weight rain/wind breaker jacket into before sticking it in my back pack on days when the weather is iffy. they are also good for keeping extra socks, arm guards, etc. in

I put an extra pair of gloves and goggles, a bottle of water, and a GU packet in mine; then tie it to my gas can for use when I pit. After I remove my helmet, of course.

Be one lucky guy to get one of my used machines there the best running around anyway I didn't mean don't use a air filter..wrap a helmet bag tight and nice for 1 it's got the mesh bag up top and bottom so it's doubled...my point was way better then a screen..by way haven't had to even clean my air filter in 2 weeks..works great