Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse set up

Bought a clean used 2012 yz 250 set up for offroad.It has a z start pro set up low/hard.Gearing is 14/52.Also came with a 8oz flywheel weight that is not on the bike.What rekluse setting and gearing is everyone using for tight single track?

I don't have the Z pro. I have the 3.0 14/48 final and 1-5 06WR450 gears. I can use third gear on flat for a starting gear. The bike is just awesome. Love it from the desert to the mountains...

Let a couple guys ride it this last week in OW and they are convinced it is a perfect set up for any riding. 

The setting Rekluse recommends works great for me (slow singletrack, lots of 2nd gear). I did a lot of research online, mostly here, and came to that conclusion before I got the Z Start pro and found out that was the recommended setting.

I use a zsp and have it set up for low rpm soft engagement. Soft engagement helps to keep from breaking traction imo. Doesn't spit so many rocks. Although i've heard soft is hard on clutches I have been running it like this for 300 or so hours with no clutch probs yet.

I have yz 1-2 and wr 3-5 trans. For the socal dez hare & hounds I was using 14/46 gearing. When you say tight single track...if you're talking like north east woods you will probably like something a LOT lower than that. Like 14/52 or i even hear 13/50 is popular. I'm currently using 13/46 (close to 14/50 for comparo) in NE PA and it's still a bit too tall. But I prefer tall gears.

The setting Rekluse recommends works great for me (slow singletrack, lots of 2nd gear). I did a lot of research online, mostly here, and came to that conclusion before I got the Z Start pro and found out that was the recommended setting.

Same here.  I just bought it and put it in.  I was skeptical since they offer no TC balls in the kit but it works stellar.

Thanks, what gearing are you running with the recommended setting?

I run 13x49.  First still isnt low enough for me but if you go any lower it limits top speed too much.