Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 350 sxf

I have a kawi 250f 2014 I just bought it last year and it's been a good bike it's only got 20 hours on it. But the dealership that I buy stuff from I can't stand and there not really a dirt bike shop I just don't like the service there so instead of buying a 2016 450 kxf from them I'm gonna go to a diff dealership so I've rode 15's and 16's 350 sxf and I love them perfect power for me but ktm is so damn expensive I'm gonna have close to 10 grand just in a stock bike so should I bite the bullet. But I was also thinking on just doing a Honda or Yamaha 250 16. I've rode them a couple of times don't know much about them. This will be the last new bike I buy for along time I'm gonna get married with in the year so I gotta make this one a good one

All of the newer 4 strokes have pretty comparable power to one another within each class. It really comes down to ho each bike handles and which one you feel more comfortable on. That said there would be no point in selling your KX250f for a new 250 Honda or Yamaha 4 stroke. Your just wasting money. If you really want the KTM I would look at a second hand one. Get one thats just a year or two maybe three years old. That way you'll still get the bike you want but save a few grand. If you want to buy new the 2015 YZ450f is only 7,500 bucks compared to the KTM and both are really good bikes. It comes down to preference. And also just because its the newest year doesn't mean that it is much different from the models a few years prior. I have a 1998 YZ125 and I can smoke people on there brand new 250f's :ride:

All of the newer 4 strokes have pretty comparable power to one another within each class. It really comes down to ho each bike handles and which one you feel more comfortable on. That said there would be no point in selling your KX250f for a new 250 Honda or Yamaha 4 stroke. Your just wasting money. If you really want the KTM I would look at a second hand one. Get one thats just a year or two maybe three years old. That way you'll still get the bike you want but save a few grand. If you want to buy new the 2015 YZ450f is only 7,500 bucks compared to the KTM and both are really good bikes. It comes down to preference. And also just because its the newest year doesn't mean that it is much different from the models a few years prior. I have a 1998 YZ125 and I can smoke people on there brand new 250f's :ride:

Idk if you have ever bought a new bike before but there is no better feeling and most people that have had a 250f have rev the piss out of them and I'm gonna pay probably on average for a decent 250f 3 to 4 grand and for 2500 more I could get a new one. I'm not saying I can't buy a good used bike cause I've done it before but when I did buy a used bike it had under 15 hours so I don't mind spending money on a new bike that I no had not been beat

The 350 is bad ass. I had one and it crushes the 250f's. It also has a good rep for reliability. Reliability wise I would go 350 or a 450 of your choice. They all are pretty good you just have to figure out what one is right for you.