Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock damage 15 300 exc

No idea, i think its rubbing on the plastic when the suspension is compressed. Its been progressively getting worse

No idea, i think its rubbing on the plastic when the suspension is compressed. Its been progressively getting worse

I don't think that's possible.  The top of the shock is fixed, the subframe is fixed.  There isn't any movement in that area at all.  Most likely impact when laying the bike over or something.

• Like 1

I don't think that's possible. The top of the shock is fixed, the subframe is fixed. There isn't any movement in that area at all. Most likely impact when laying the bike over or something.

Yeah well thats what I thought, but the gouge is getting deeper after every ride?? Its doing my bloody head in.

My 2014 200xcw has a mark in the same place just like yours. I noticed mine after a small crash. I thought is was from hitting a rock or something but it's getting worse also. I just went out and took a look and the plastic is worn pretty good there. So your not the only one.

My 2014 200xcw has a mark in the same place just like yours. I noticed mine after a small crash. I thought is was from hitting a rock or something but it's getting worse also. I just went out and took a look and the plastic is worn pretty good there. So your not the only one.

Maybe we grip too hard with our legs lol?

You'd think the plastic would take all the wear and not the aluminum on the shock. I have also see rubbing plastic wear thru a sub frame before.

1448340842602-2070214262.jpg

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

You'd think the plastic would take all the wear and not the aluminum on the shock. I have also see rubbing plastic wear thru a sub frame before.

One would think so, shows you how soft that aluminium is

I don't think that's possible. The top of the shock is fixed, the subframe is fixed. There isn't any movement in that area at all. Most likely impact when laying the bike over or something.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448358007.010296.jpg

You can see where the plastic has been contacting the shock. I recon my subframe is twisted, for that to be happening.

• Like 3

Does the angle of the shock change (to more horizontal) as the suspension compresses?

I would think bent subframe too.

My Husaberg's reservoir rubs on my boot, I keep lathering the spot with a build up of shoe-goo to protect it.

A lot of work, but I would say remove the spring and run the suspension through its travel to find the rub.