Sign in to follow this  

clutch adjustment

Hey Everyone,

I'm just about to adjust the clutch lever on my 2012 CRF450R.  I want to be able to pull the clutch lever in with a couple of fingers without it hitting the rest of them.  Any hints or tips when it comes to this job?  Thanks. 

Ive not found a good spot personally on mine that allows me to no hit my other fingers atleast part of the time. Going to try a short lever next and see if that does the trick.

Hey Everyone,

I'm just about to adjust the clutch lever on my 2012 CRF450R.  I want to be able to pull the clutch lever in with a couple of fingers without it hitting the rest of them.  Any hints or tips when it comes to this job?  Thanks. 

You want as little free play in the lever as possible then. Look where the lever and perch meet together and put just alittle bit of free play in the clutch at that point. Maybe 2-4mm. You want to make sure you have free play though. If you set it to tight then your clutch will slip due to not fully disengaging the cable if its set to tight.  This will allow the clutch action to take place more when the lever is closer to being fully out thus allowing you to not have to pull it clear in to the bars to shift.

Less free play like TRVSHONDA said. Moving the perch away from the grip so that your finger is grabbing closer to the end of the lever will give you more of a mechanical advantage. 

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll play around with it this weekend and see if I can find a setting that works.