Sign in to follow this  

What's this worth.

Honda XR650L 1993

~15k miles, built as a light weight but gritty, hard-core adventure bike (not the kind of bike you make shiny) for a trip from Argentina to Alaska. Starts and runs excellent. Clean street legal title. Fastest BRP you will find without a turbo!

Engine rebuild one year ago includes: Wiesco piston and sleeve, all engine bearings and connecting rod, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd transmission gear sets, output countershaft, smog delete, Keihin FCR carb from CRF250 (dyno tuned), and high output stator.

Other upgrades include: Acerbis 5.8 gallon gas tank ($270), custom Renazco Racing suede seat ($400), 1.7 lb 8-cell lithium Ballistic battery ($160) relocated to air box, battery "suitcase" delete, FMF Q4 muffler ($370), SuperBrace fork brace ($160), dual HID bi-xenon projector headlights from 2013 F150 pickup in custom stainless housing (independently switched), 19" front wheel from NX250 with Shinko tire (very little wear), 18" stock rear wheel with Shinko tire (heavy wear), aluminum rear lowering link, hand guards, MRA windscreen, 2" bar risers, turn & brake indicators replaced with LEDs, new chain and sprockets, custom saddle bag / luggage rack / subframe support. No horn connected.

Lots of spare parts including: original Honda gas tank (very clean), original Honda seat (very clean), 2 instrument clusters, 2 sets of front forks and trees, 2 swingarms, 2 sets of front and rear calipers w/master cylinders, lots of cables and hoses, foot pegs, misc gears, shafts, and transmission bits, service manuals, etc.

Does it include the original 21" front tire?  You would want that for off road use.

Even with all of that stuff added to it, it should still be worth less than $3000 in my opinion.

So tell us what you paid for it...

Honda XR650L 1993

~15k miles, built as a light weight but gritty, hard-core adventure bike (not the kind of bike you make shiny) for a trip from Argentina to Alaska. Starts and runs excellent. Clean street legal title. Fastest BRP you will find without a turbo!

Engine rebuild one year ago includes: Wiesco piston and sleeve, all engine bearings and connecting rod, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd transmission gear sets, output countershaft, smog delete, Keihin FCR carb from CRF250 (dyno tuned), and high output stator.

Other upgrades include: Acerbis 5.8 gallon gas tank ($270), custom Renazco Racing suede seat ($400), 1.7 lb 8-cell lithium Ballistic battery ($160) relocated to air box, battery "suitcase" delete, FMF Q4 muffler ($370), SuperBrace fork brace ($160), dual HID bi-xenon projector headlights from 2013 F150 pickup in custom stainless housing (independently switched), 19" front wheel from NX250 with Shinko tire (very little wear), 18" stock rear wheel with Shinko tire (heavy wear), aluminum rear lowering link, hand guards, MRA windscreen, 2" bar risers, turn & brake indicators replaced with LEDs, new chain and sprockets, custom saddle bag / luggage rack / subframe support. No horn connected.

Lots of spare parts including: original Honda gas tank (very clean), original Honda seat (very clean), 2 instrument clusters, 2 sets of front forks and trees, 2 swingarms, 2 sets of front and rear calipers w/master cylinders, lots of cables and hoses, foot pegs, misc gears, shafts, and transmission bits, service manuals, etc.

Sounds like your the seller.

Does it include the original 21" front tire?  You would want that for off road use.

Even with all of that stuff added to it, it should still be worth less than $3000 in my opinion.

So

Ya, WAY less.

1900. What do you think?

I would have bought it for that much and been happy about it.  I already have a good XR650L, but I would buy another one if I came across the same deal as you did.

I would have bought it for that much and been happy about it. I already have a good XR650L, but I would buy another one if I came across the same deal as you did.

I thought the pile of parts really made it worth it.

I thought the pile of parts really made it worth it.

parts don't add much if any value to the bike.

Hey freakshow I looked at that bike I live in ohio to the bikes not far from me i've been trying to find a xr also.not that many on craigslist right now.nice bike though.

Yes only a couple  http://binghamton.craigslist.org/mcy/5301605475.html

http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/5303330945.html

If this were closer it would be in my garage already ;)   http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/5309905513.html

• Like 1

The one in Toledo is one of the ones I called about he will not come down and I only have about 1800 now to spend.but I found one it's a 2000 650r no title but I think I can still get it street legal so I am probably going for that.

• Like 1