Sign in to follow this  

Carb still leaking gas after new o ring

Carb was leaking gas so i cleaned it,replaced the float needle and the o ring behind the seat. First it seemed ok then it started leaking when i started the bike up. Doesnt leak when it runs . Not sure what to do next.

I have a manual petcock.

Any advise ?

Which carb? My FCR leaks out the bowl drain when the bike is leaned over quite far on the stand, when parked on uneven ground. The former BSR carb was more tolerant of lean angle

Edited by shuswap1

Carb was leaking gas so i cleaned it,replaced the float needle and the o ring behind the seat. First it seemed ok then it started leaking when i started the bike up. Doesnt leak when it runs . Not sure what to do next.

I have a manual petcock.

Any advise ?

check your float height and float needle sealing.

Which carb? My FCR leaks out the bowl drain when the bike is leaned over quite far on the stand, when parked on uneven ground. The former BSR carb was more tolerant of lean angle

Stock 2006 drz400s BSR

It came with the rebuild kit made for that carb. I did buy it from ebay though. Hmm. I'll have to check to see what brand it was.

I've been searching for that info on adjusting the float. Seems kinda confusing so far .

• Like 1

I've been searching for that info on adjusting the float. Seems kinda confusing so far .

If you take the carb off & put it on a bench it will make more sense. 

Lay the carb so the float leans on the needle, but does not compress.

Measure 13mm from carb surface (where the bowl mates), to the highest part of the float.

Adjust metal tab on float accordingly if needed.

• Like 2