Sign in to follow this  

KTM 250 SXS-F

Hi guys,

I'm just coming to the end of restoring my 2006 KTM 250 SXS-F, so I'm just dipping my toe in the water to see what interest there would be if i put it up for sale.

I have owned the bike from new and have all the documentation that came new with the bike including all the brochures and the unused invite from KTM to a special test day to allow their suspension guys to set the bike up (as all people that purchased an sxs that year got).

i raced the bike for 2 seasons and then purchased another bike to carry on racing while leaving the SXS in the garage to one day be restored, fast forward 8 years and as i previously said I'm just coming to the end of restoring back to exactly as it left the factory. 2006 was the first year KTM produced a 250 SXSF and with only 50 being made in 2006 i believe that also makes it a little bit more special to the right collector. The SXS models benefit from the following:

Reinforced powder coated black frame
New cast swing arm, extremely light plus rigid
Braking discs front + rear, front floating
High quality Orange MX chain
SXS Twin chamber front fork, billet axle clamps with black nitrited stanchions
SXS PDS shock with Titanium spring
Holeshot device
Handle bar Damping system, adjustable for hieght and damping
Orange Billet Triple clamps with adjustable offset
Factory machined Brembo front brake caliper
Unique SXS Graphics
Factory style seat cover
Silencer heat shield
Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system
Airbox cover with additional air intake
Remote hot start device fitted to f/brake m/cylinder

My bike has all of the extras that came new with the bike and many of them have been replaced with new including a brand new full Akrapovic. Ive spent an absolute fortune on the restoration to make it as good as it possibly can be if the interest is there i can list everything that has been done on the restoration but to try and keep this post as short and sweet as possible i won't at the moment.

I've embedded a photo of the bike and again if the interest is there i can upload a lot more, i just thought i would see what interest i would get and go from there.

Im putting the bike up for £6000 which i believe is in the region of $8,500 although you would have to check an exact exchange rate.

Thanks Lloyd

FullSizeRender.jpg

6,000 pounds at today's rate is $9,053.  The new price on that bike was $6,598 here in the U.S in 2006.  Kelley Blue book shows it's current value in excellent condition as $2,540 or $1,683 pounds.

Edited by Doc_d

Typical my junk is worth its weight in gold because I just dumped a ton of money into it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6,000 pounds at today's rate is $9,053.  The new price on that bike was $6,598 here in the U.S in 2006.  Kelley Blue book shows it's current value in excellent condition as $2,540 or $1,683 pounds.

you are quoting standard production SXF's not SXS-F's. These bikes retailed at close to 10,000 euros when they were sold in 2006, at the time they where to closest thing you could buy to a factory bike. Look I'm not on here to have a slagging match with anyone but anyone worth their salt will know that this is not any 10 year old bike and the current valuation of $2540 is an absolute mile off.

Sorry but the max I would say you will get for that is 2000 pounds maybe 2500 if your very lucky. A quick check on ebay found me a 2015 KTM SX-f 250 with 5 hours for 4800. Why would someone pay 6k for a 2006...

Yes your bike is in perfect condition.... but it is, what it is.

a quick google search 

Sorry but the max I would say you will get for that is 2000 pounds maybe 2500 if your very lucky. A quick check on ebay found me a 2015 KTM SX-f 250 with 5 hours for 4800. Why would someone pay 6k for a 2006...

Yes your bike is in perfect condition.... but it is, what it is.

I'm trying to find a collector here not your average weekend racer, I'm not trying to sell it to someone that is in the market of swinging their leg over it and take it racing and slaughter it.

a quick google search 

I'm trying to find a collector here not your average weekend racer, I'm not trying to sell it to someone that is in the market of swinging their leg over it and take it racing and slaughter it.

What about a quick google search? The only thing I can really find about this bike is your threads....

Your probably better off looking elsewhere tbh.... especially as most users here are in the US

Anyway IMO if your not gunna ride a dirtbike it kinda defeats the purpose.​

Good luck with your sale

Theres nothing special about this bike imo. All that SXS stuff you can buy off the shelf. Anyone can make an identical machine. Its really not a collectors item. And if someone was interested in it to ride, a 2011+ SX/XC or 2012+ XCW/EXC would be light years better, which would weigh heavy penalty to this bikes value.