Sign in to follow this  

2015 ttr 125 fuel adjustment screw

I just did the air box mod and installed the recommended jets but I read I need to adjust the fuel screw, anyone know where this is located on the 2015 tr 125, any help would sure be appreciated. I am new at this stuff. Thanks

I just did the air box mod and installed the recommended jets but I read I need to adjust the fuel screw, anyone know where this is located on the 2015 tr 125, any help would sure be appreciated. I am new at this stuff. Thanks

I replied in the other thread where you asked this. I can't see the carb being much different for a 125 then a 230, but if it is, take a picture of the bottom of the carb and post it here

thanks Irish, I might have found it, it looks like on the front of the carb, underneath, facing the front tire, their is a brass plug, I think that is the one I need to remove to access the fuel adjustment screw. When I had the carb apart I saw the same kind of plug in their and thought that might be it until I searched a few threads. Is this outside brass plug the one I should be removing, thanks

thanks Irish, I might have found it, it looks like on the front of the carb, underneath, facing the front tire, their is a brass plug, I think that is the one I need to remove to access the fuel adjustment screw. When I had the carb apart I saw the same kind of plug in their and thought that might be it until I searched a few threads. Is this outside brass plug the one I should be removing, thanks

yes it's located under the brass plug drill it out slowly and you will see the screw, and if it runs fine I'd suggest leaving the screw alone if you are not familiar with adjusting them. If you do make adjustments about 1/8 turn at a time, is enough to tell a difference. Edited by yzdude250f

Thanks, it seems to run ok right now, I just rejetted it today and waiting on my fmf exhaust to arrive tomorrow, also did the air box mod so assumed like everyone stated I would need to adjust this also.  I wish there was an easier way to get that plug out besides a drill,lol.

Update....Installed new exhaust, bike is still running a little lean, I only pulled the snorkel and screen to do the air box mod, I have some deceleration popping in the exhaust but am running 3 turns out on the fuel adjustment screw. Could I just need to open the air box more to correct this. I pulled the plug and it was an ash white color. I don't want to hurt anything or break anything on the bike, running out of funds, LOL. Thanks for any help 

Another update......Found my reason for popping on decel, exhaust leak. Checked plug with two turns out on the fuel screw and seems a little rich, still need to cut more of the airbox open. Does running a little rich hurt anything, bike is running awesome right now, just wondering if I should mess with anything else, with my luck, I will screw something up after getting it running this good.

Good to hear the bike is running well. If it feels like it is running the way that it should, then you should be good. A bit rich won't hurt anything, but ideally you wanna get the mixture perfect.

The additional drilling of the airbox will add more air to the air/fuel mixture...so if you feel that the bike is still running a bit rich right now, the airbox drilling will likely get you right where you wanna be.

If after that's done, and you still feel like it's too rich. You can always turn the fuel screw in a bit more (1/4 turn at a time), but that likely won't be necessary since you're so close to having a perfect mixture now.

I used to have an old KZ440 motorcycle which taught me how to do carb adjustments in order to get the right mixture. Fortunately, things are way easier on the TTR then that old bike!

Edited by Irishman301