Sign in to follow this  

my twin shock

I will try to get photo's of a couple of mine. One has 85XR200R forks and other has 87CR250R forks. Both have old school White Bros aluminum swingarms. One has custom works and other has a set of Ohlins I had made. Short wheelbase, steep rake and light and agile. Both currently have built 218 cc high compression cam etc. Will be re-doing the CR forked on with a 240cc 12.5-1 for fast trail-race bike.

Bimbamboom the forks are from a xr200r 1981, shocks are some cheap rubish standard length but mounts moved forward an inch, wheels are xr200r front, rear wheel is from an early mtx 200, seat is shortend 5 inches, fenders are from cr,motor has Chinese 144cc big fin barell resleaved and bored to 66 mm, I am running a free flow exhaust the front pipe is from a ktm sxf 250 and I made a slip joint for the cylinder head joint

Edited by wolf_1

Teamrude I would love to get a alloy swing arm to fit my xl just don't know what will fit,in the UK xl xr parts are not plenty full.

I have purchased a fair few parts from the USA and all have been good clean parts

I also have a xr200r that I have owned for about ten years this little XL just runs so well and goes better than the XR200R

I just love the both

Only a couple companies made those back then. Very hard to find. I actually bought a bike at swap meet just for swingarm