Sign in to follow this  

2008 700 grizzly life expectancy

Hey guys so i just got a grizzly and wondering what i should do to it to get the best bang for my buck and for durability mostly. Its an 08 with about 9,500 kms on it, it works awesome and sounds great. The guy i got it from had the bike tore down by yamaha just for preventitive maintenance said everything was in great shape clutch, crank, top end etc.. he put a new stock piston, rings and a stage 1 hot cam, also a fmf exhaust. Just wondering if there is something else i should do at this point to save my ass down the road? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys so i just got a grizzly and wondering what i should do to it to get the best bang for my buck and for durability mostly. Its an 08 with about 9,500 kms on it, it works awesome and sounds great. The guy i got it from had the bike tore down by yamaha just for preventitive maintenance said everything was in great shape clutch, crank, top end etc.. he put a new stock piston, rings and a stage 1 hot cam, also a fmf exhaust. Just wondering if there is something else i should do at this point to save my ass down the road? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you're going to be riding that for a long time. The biggest thing I can think of is a clean, properly oiled air filter followed by oil and oil filter changes. You should be good to go. Congrats on your new ride.