Sign in to follow this  

Mirrors that don't vibrate.

Mirrors on the Drz are to make it compliant with local laws. The stock ones vibe like crazy and show you where your shoulders are at. I went with the power madd ones on my zetas. They look good and you might be able to tell that a Mac truck or car or something was on your side if you don't want to turn your head.

• Like 2

get some cheesy cyclist mirrors and stick em on your helmet. 

bar weights might help a little, even my doubletakes get buzzy at higher revs.  I've just learned to respect the first rule of Italian driving. 

Honestly I haven't had mirrors on mine in so long I don't even remember what kind I have now. But it's like quick221680 said...they are mainly just to please the laws. The DRZ is not a bmw. Both sets I've had vibrate and mainly I can only see clear when at low speeds. Plus we ride more dirt so off they stayed. Look over your shoulder anyways to be more on the safe side!

What kind of tyres are you running? Knobbies of course make it worse.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no issues with my stock mirrors. If not adjusted properly, it's hard to see around my shoulders. I do occasionally hit them with my helmet when leaning forward to avoid low hanging branches. Do you not have the stock mirrors any longer or are you looking for better looking ones?

• Like 1

I ran the stock mirrors for a few thousand miles, they never vibrated at all, only reason I replaced them was because they showed me biceps/shoulders rather then the road, vibration was never a issue tho.

• Like 3

Stock mirrors do not vibrate. I broke both of them and found they have foam and lead weight behind mirror. Replaced with bikemaster folding mirror which is lighter and pivots out of the way when I get into tight spots. They do vibrate however I can see the object not just clear until close.

The factory "Mickey Mouse" mirrors on my '02 S did vibrate wildly. I purchased 1 of these from ProCycle never looked back. :smirk:   They fold down for off-road and are surprisingly more solid than stock.

$ 22.95 a DRC piece that is worth a try.

mirror-drc.jpg

Edited by pumptrack
  • Like 5

The factory "Mickey Mouse" mirrors on my '02 S did vibrate wildly. I purchased 1 of these from ProCycle never looked back. :smirk:   They fold down for off-road and are surprisingly more solid than stock.

$ 22.95 a DRC piece that is worth a try.

+1, I've got the same mirrors and they are great.

I still have the stock one and they don't vibrate much.

Motion Pro replacement sucks!!!  they vibrate like hell and can't maintain the adjustment on the highway.

Mirrors on the Drz are to make it compliant with local laws. The stock ones vibe like crazy and show you where your shoulders are at. I went with the power madd ones on my zetas. They look good and you might be able to tell that a Mac truck or car or something was on your side if you don't want to turn your head.

Do you have an pics? I want to see your set up.