Sign in to follow this  

Older model yz250f upgrade plastics

Ok so i couldnt find anything anywhere else so decided to post here.

question:

ive seen these yz250 "restyle" plastics kits which fit yz125+yz250 02 -to like 2013 .  they are made to look more modern and make your bike more appealing.

WILL IT FIT A YZ250F 2005 model (four stroke!) cause it says fits yz250 yz125 (which is 2 stroke, no "f")

LINK :   http://www.ebay.com/itm/YZ125-YZ250-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-Restyle-to-2015-Plastic-Kit-Plastics-/272015634176?hash=item3f55652f00:g:Fk4AAOSwFnFV83XT

theres heaps but thats just one i could find 

thanks in advance. 

I'm pretty sure that the only "new" look item you can get, is the front fender.  The rest of the stuff for your year- radiator scoops, rear fender, and side number plates are unique to the 03-05 YZ250F and YZ450F.

the only restyle is for the yz125/250 because they havent changed anything since 2002

Hi!

Mostly plastics for your year bike are unique. They are changing almost every year.

Those plastics in ebay are only for 2 stroke bike.

You can fit almost every front fender for your bike. Better to buy from yzf model. Have seen somebody doing such a thing, maybe you will need to redrill those 4 holes, not sure. 

You can also fit a newer front number plate. 

Not 100% sure but it could fit, maybe you will have to redrill couple holes. 

Also you may have to change the front number plate, to fit with fender, you can use zip ties to secure the plate in constant position. 

Ok so the fender is 2010 and I want to get a new plate as well anyways ( give it a well deserved facelift) so should I get a 2010 plate as well and secure it with cable ties or something?