I've never worn body protection, but after this last wreck with a broken wrist and severely bruised ribs I'm going to.  I'm going to opt for the Atlas Guardian that is due out early next year, it will fit seamlessly with my Atlas neck brace.  Anything has to help and be better than bruised ribs.  I dread sneezing right now.

• Like 1

Yeah, Tekvest. 

Got stepped on riding bulls, busted a rib through my rodeo vest... that's something I never want to do again.  So I'm a little crazy about chest protection on bikes/sleds.

DSC_4069_-L.jpg

How do you find a helmet that fits?  Does it include the halter?

I'll bet you really chomp at the bit to go riding...

I have a million of'em.

• Like 7

I did some research after busting ribs and spending 6 days in the hospital with a tube in my chest.  Here's the post, it will give you more info on what types of armor are out there:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/wiki/_/armor-chest-protectors-pressure-suits-and-impact-vests-r269

Shit happens fast on two wheels and most riding gear doesn't have rib protection.

• Like 1

I just picked up one of these Thor impact rig SE units last week;

thor_impact_rig_armored_shirt_black_deta

thor_impact_rig_armored_shirt_black_deta

I have only had a couple of low speed tumbles with it so far but it is very light weight and comfortable. The kidney belt and back protector are removable too.

They are $129CAD + 10% off at Royal distributing last week and I think til the end of this week.

Not sure if it would have prevented you rib injury or not but it sure wouldn't have hurt the situation.

I have suffered broken ribs and even ribs dislocated off my spine before, not fun, that's pain you just cant explain lol

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by Jon Heron