Crested Butte GNAR!

OK - You made me watch this cus of the Crusty Butt GNAR topic. I understand everyone's perspective of GNAR is going to be different so IMO not some much GNAR but that looks like an AWESOME area to ride. I call that fast and flowly and would ride that all day everyday ?

Nice video and it's now on my must places to ride list

• Like 1

OK - You made me watch this cus of the Crusty Butt GNAR topic. I understand everyone's perspective of GNAR is going to be different so IMO not some much GNAR but that looks like an AWESOME area to ride. I call that fast and flowly and would ride that all day everyday ?

Nice video and it's now on my must places to ride list

Yes, he    MADE YOU   watch, probably because  YOU'RE SOOO  GNARRRR!!!!!

Great video! Cameras don't seem to show how steep hill climbs really are. I ride up there, and recognized some of the trails in the vid, and they seem steeper in real life.

Edited by XRBOBLHC
  • Like 1

Great video! Cameras don't seem to show how steep hill climbs really are. I ride up there, and recognized some of the trails in the vid, and they seem steeper in real life.

Maybe he thought I was referring to the Squaw Valley GNAR?   Which is, "Gaffney's Numeric Assessment of Radness," in that case, I got him.  ?

Either way, it's pretty GNAR for a flat lander from Michigan who rides in premo soft dirt most of the time.   Braaaaaaaaaap

• Like 2

They are steeper in real life. Video is never really true to life.

Well he really didn't make me watch anything but yes the topic got me slightly interested so ya I watched it, As I posted AWESOME area just not what I consider GNAR. Look up the Hard Technical or BC Toughest Area video topics.

And I do not consider my self SOOO GNARRRR and your comment almost offends me cus you didn't put in something like these :naughty:???? and may need a hug.

• Like 2

Maybe he thought I was referring to the Squaw Valley GNAR?   Which is, "Gaffney's Numeric Assessment of Radness," in that case, I got him.   ?

Either way, it's pretty GNAR for a flat lander from Michigan who rides in premo soft dirt most of the time.   Braaaaaaaaaap

Ya apparently and as I originally posted one mans interpretation of GNAR is not like another's.

Sounds like a ruffled a few feathers even though I did give you a LIKE but again AWESOME video of an AWESOME looking area and thanks for posting it.

Edited by filterx

Ya apparently and as I originally posted one mans interpretation of GNAR is not like another's.

Sounds like a ruffled a few feathers even though I did give you a LIKE but again AWESOME video of an AWESOME looking area and thanks for posting it.

No worries Filterx, thanks!  

Well he really didn't make me watch anything but yes the topic got me slightly interested so ya I watched it, As I posted AWESOME area just not what I consider GNAR. Look up the Hard Technical or BC Toughest Area video topics.

And I do not consider my self SOOO GNARRRR and your comment almost offends me cus you didn't put in something like these :naughty:???? and may need a hug.

Allot of people don't understand "true GNAR" ?

Guessing that if they did watch the 2 videos in sequence it might show the difference but as stated videos never do the trails justice. I have people ask me why we are going so slow sometimes OMG if they only knew.

Op, nice video, looks nice and fast like Vedder here in BC. Some sections looked fairly fun for sure. 

GNAR....

post-345078-0-21175800-1445215488.jpg

More GNARer.....

post-345078-0-84620600-1445215489.jpg

Some more GNARerer...........  ? , not dissing you Martwan10, just messing with you guys who have never experienced what Filterx and I are talking about.  :cheers: 

post-345078-0-86986200-1445215496.jpg

Edited by Pittbull
  • Like 1

Wow you handled the stones , and rocks better that i would have. You must have a good bike set up , are you on a xc , or xc-w ? Looks like a sweet place to ride.

Thanks!  I was on a 2014 250 XC set up by Lake Cycle.  It has 2013 CC forks on it.  I would not have wanted to ride that stuff on my newer race bike with the 4cs forks.  I just went out (softer) on the compression about 4 clicks both ends and faster on the rebound about 2 clicks compared to enduro riding in Michigan.  Worked pretty good.  

Allot of people don't understand "true GNAR" ?

Guessing that if they did watch the 2 videos in sequence it might show the difference but as stated videos never do the trails justice. I have people ask me why we are going so slow sometimes OMG if they only knew.

Op, nice video, looks nice and fast like Vedder here in BC. Some sections looked fairly fun for sure. 

GNAR....

post-345078-0-21175800-1445215488.jpg

More GNARer.....

post-345078-0-84620600-1445215489.jpg

Some more GNARerer...........  ? , not dissing you Martwan10, just messing with you guys who have never experienced what Filterx and I are talking about.  :cheers: 

post-345078-0-86986200-1445215496.jpg

Those trails look fun!   Braaaaaaap

Obviously it's futile to argue about a subjective term like "GNAR", but I did already give everyone the true meaning in my second post.  So I guess we are all wrong in referring to dirt bike trails with the term.  :naughty:

Ya - I agree and IMO it's all about perspective.

Well, at least we can all agree motocross is for p*#@y's!    :jawdrop:

How about this filterx: 

Does it qualify? :devil:   Those pics of BC trails look pretty awesome, maybe we should plan on going much further west for our next trip.  ?

• Like 2