KLX300 vs. CRF250X

I would like to hear any comparsions between these two. I have a 2003 KLX with a Dynojet kit, headpipe/muffler and usual free mods and have always felt it under rated. Other than the elec. start how would it compare to the X?

You should post this question over on the CRF forum. JD, once a devoted KLX fanatic, traded in both of his KLX's for a CRF250X. Traitor! ?

I'm sure that he's gonna tell you that it spanks the KLX! :D

Actually, it's probably the only 250F that I would consider buying cause it's green stickered. Although I'd rather have a green stickered KX250FX. Hope kawi decides to do this.....

Bill

The red folks do not seem very open to other color bikes, and I feel the responses would reflect that attitude. We green guys seem a little more open minded and don't have a problem pointing out problems or mods to inprove our bikes.

NO KIDDING!!!! ?

Those guys can't even imagine that their red jewels could have a flaw or that maybe another color bike might actually be better for one rider. Oh well..... I've been enjoying my days as of late taking the blue guys out in the super tight dez rocky single track and spanking them. :D

Don't know anybody with a red 250 yet.....

• 2 weeks later...

I think the KLX300 is one of the best trailbikes made and for the price it's one heck of a bargain. But that said I think the CRF250 is the way to go now. I own the R model and I am currently setting it up for the woods. I have also ridden the X model. The new king of the trails has arrived. And believe me i'm a HUGE fan of the KLX.

KLX ?

okay for the record..I own a kx125 that runs great and I love it. As for the klx300 vs crf250x...well frankly, the klx while being a great bike (and it really is), is a dinosaur compared to the new honda. The new honda crf250x will smoke it. Period. Suspension, chassis, brakes, motor, ergos, weight...you name it, the Honda is better. But the honda is simply a decade newer. Lots of new technology . All that being said, I think a good rider on the klx will smoke a not-so-good rider thats on a crf.