Is my bike a husky or a ktm

Actually Husaberg was the real Husqvarna all along... it's just that Cagiva bought the rights to the Husqvarna name from Electrolux who was Husqvarna parent company and moved the brand from Sweden to Italy without taking any of the Swedish Husqvarna employees and or engineers.

It was those Ex-Swedish Husqvarna Engineers and employees who stayed in Sweden and continued building motorcycles by naming their new company Hus-aberg... as in (Husqvarna-Berg) which was based on the next generation of Husqvarna technology if Husqvarna would have stayed in Sweden.

Husaberg was the real Husqvarna all along and the Italian Husqvarna's were just rebranded Cagiva's

Just Sayen

So, if husq never sent engineers to italy and husa is now gone, where are these engineers now? At gasgas?

So, if husq never sent engineers to italy and husa is now gone, where are these engineers now? At gasgas?

For one... Thomas Gustavsson who was a racer engineer at Husqvarna Sweden and was also instrumental in the development the original air cooled TE510 air-cooled motor in or around 1983.

Gustavsson was also one of the engineers who started Husaberg in 1988 and still works for Husqvarna in 2015 

gustavsson_1.jpg

• Like 1

All retired now except Thomas Gustavsson, since that was almost 30 years ago.

Yes, most retired around 2007-2008 when Husaberg production was moved from Sweden to Austria.

Below are photos of the differences between the last Swedish built Husaberg and the First Austrian Built Husaberg which sourced a lot of its parts from KTM

Husaberg_FE_450_comp_stpz.jpg

Husaberg production was moved to Austria in 2003 and 2004 model year and up bikes were produced there. So traditional Husabergs were built at Mattinghofen, well before the 70 degree bikes were introduced.  Quality was greatly improved over the  Swedish built bikes.

• Like 2

You can't go wrong with a KTM/Husky/Husaberg. The resale value is excellent and the brand recognition is great.  I currently own all 3 variants after just purchasing a new TE125 for my son.  I had a couple of Italian Husky's and it is a shame that BMW had no clue how to market or manage a dirt bike company.   Some may not know that the previous owners of Italian Husky, who also own MV Agusta, tried to re-purchase them before KTM stepped in.  I believe the Castoloni's (spelling) even tried to sue BMW in court because there was some kind of agreement signed. It would not have been bad if the Italians still owned the company. They could have used the existing MV Agusta dealer network to sell in the US until they re-established a true dealer network after BMW mucked things up.  The MV Agusta era husky's were pretty trick. 

I have enjoyed being mostly a KTM rider since I owned my first one in 1991, which were the near bankruptcy and horrid quality era.  That was the time when it was rare to own one and they had an element of exclusivity.  I have to say that is the reason I almost purchased a Beta this time around.  In the end I am glad I stuck with them because I love my XC-W.  I can't wait to take my sons TE for a rip! 

The TE 300 is a nice mix of Xc and Xcw. I only wish it was not so plain looking. Maybe some blue or yellow plastic would spruce it up.

I wish they would do the smart thing like they do on ktm and give it open chamber fork

The TE 300 is a nice mix of Xc and Xcw. I only wish it was not so plain looking. Maybe some blue or yellow plastic would spruce it up.

here ya go.....a blue Husky.........sorta.......IMG_3975.JPG

That Berg looks great!

Thanks bud......love this bike!

IMG_3629.JPG

Edited by Berg428
  • Like 2

Would be cool if KTM sold a Bultaco or a CZ. Bring all the old names back under one platform...$$$

Was Husky the first to build a serous auto dirt bike? Chased a 360 auto at Draper Air Force Base for 15 minutes before I had to punch him out in a corner to get around him. I have always wanted a Husky.