Hard clutch pull

also check the lever pivot, the bolt and the hole and make sure nothing funny going on there

Yes, you want to make sure the bolt is not tight onto the perch without the nut. The bolt does thread into the bottom portion of the perch, but you want this not much more than finger tight, otherwise it will pinch the perch down onto the lever. Get the bolt just over finger tight in the perch, then thread the nut on and tighten the nut while keeping the bolt from spinning.

I've noticed recently that the clutch pull on my 07 Yz250 has gotten really hard to pull. I went and changed the cable but still has a heavy clutch pull. The clutch itself seems to still be working the way it always has. Anybody have any of the same issues?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1135732-stiff-clutch-lever-try-a-pro-taper-clutch-perch/

Thats assuming the clutch basket is OK.

Edited by motoxvet

I had the same problems, the same year.

I lubed anything was possible, I changed the basket, the same symptom.

I finally found PUSH LEVER ASSY (5CU-16380-10-00) worn out.

I managed to load the wear welding and milling to its original form.

So far I have 50 hours this way but you can buy a new piece if necessary.

I had the same problems, the same year.
I lubed anything was possible, I changed the basket, the same symptom.
I finally found PUSH LEVER ASSY (5CU-16380-10-00) worn out.
I managed to load the wear welding and milling to its original form.
So far I have 50 hours this way but you can buy a new piece if necessary.

Do you have to split the cases to replace this part? It costs 40 dollars new.

Don't need to disassemble the clutch but you should replace the bearings in there as well. Takes a very small and long blind bearing puller. There are 2 of them. Keep the set screw out when installing the first bearing but install the set screw before installing the second bearing...otherwise you risk pounding it in too deep and might not be able to get the set screw in (or get the bearing out again!)