Rm125 vin

There was a similar thread not long ago about ID'ing an RM125 from about that model year.

I remember searching a bit on the subject and one thing that grabbed my attention was a weird water pump design.

If the engine is original to your chassis, it is unlikely a 1996-2000 model as those years 125 engine have a weird

inward facing water pump and hose making the right hand side case / cover smooth where a 'normal' water pump is usualy present, unlike your bike's engine.

Additionaly, that swing arm style (with the rubber plug to access a linkage bolt) appears to be related to 1995-1997 models.

I'm no Suzuki expert but going by the Google images/infos I've looked up, I would guess a it's an 1995.

Edited by mlatour

There was a similar thread not long ago about ID'ing an RM125 from about that model year.

I remember searching a bit on the subject and one thing that grabbed my attention was a weird water pump design.

If the engine is original to that chassis, it is unlikely a 1996-2000 model as those years 125 engine have a weird

inward facing water pump and hose, the right hand side case / cover is smooth where a 'normal' pump is usualy visible, unlike your bike's engine.

That was an 02 with an earlier model engine  ? .

I'm not that familiar with the 125s, but the conventional Showa forks fitted to your bike have the shorter gold section below the silver axle clamp and were fitted to 97-98 models. 96 forks had a slightly longer gold section.

I did some searching for fun cause I knew the 96 n 97 had different cylinder porting setup. From what I read on Eric gorr site the 96 has sub exhaust ports in the cylinder the 97 n 98 don't. Along with changes to the power valve and the piston to a flat top piston setup in 97.

Definitely check the parts diagrams online because the 96 is a domed piston then. My experience is limited with the 96 my brother had for a bit I do know that the 96 exhaust pipe is a one year pipe. The previous owner just bought the 97 98 pipe for it and it wouldn't seal probably around the cylinder of his 96.