Sign in to follow this  

2001 drz 400 e radiators, Used oem or new pattern part

So I found a small coolant leak near to the shroud fastener on my right hand radiator. I'm going to try a fix but after reading around the subject today, and looking more into both rads (which seem pretty well used) I think I may get a new set of radiators. eBay is currently listing a few used right hand rads (they look almost as bad as mine!) for around £100 but I've also found a "worley" set of 2 brand new for the same money.

Which would you go for?

Edited by liverpoolphil

I'm going to try a diy repair today which will include full strip down and thorough clean. If, for any reason, the repair doesn't work I've found a decent brand new set that I'll be buying (along with some protectors)

So I found a small coolant leak near to the shroud fastener on my right hand radiator. I'm going to try a fix but after reading around the subject today, and looking more into both rads (which seem pretty well used) I think I may get a new set of radiators. eBay is currently listing a few used right hand rads (they look almost as bad as mine!) for around £100 but I've also found a "worley" set of 2 brand new for the same money.

Which would you go for?

boil it, dry it (hair dryer), and patch it. 

or buy some used oem's. i've managed to find oem's for 30-40$ when i needed them. guards make a big difference.