Can i handle a 2016 yz250

So i have been riding for a couple years now, and i have only owned fourstrokes. I had a crf150f, then a yz250f, and i recently sold that to pay for my truck. I want to get back into riding, and i am thinking about getting a 2016 yz250. I dont have any friends that own two strokes, and i have never ridden a two stroke. My other option for a new bike is a yz250fx. I ride mostly trails, i have a small track that my friends and i built. I like to think of myself as an ok rider. I am definatly not the best, but i am also not the worst. On my yz250f, i could easily handle the power, and sometimes i wanted a bit more. I know that the yz250 2t has a lot more power than my old bike, and i just want to know, based on the info i told you, if a yz250 2t would be a good bike for me. Also, i am 200lbs and 6ft.

Edited by TWshark

Yeah at your size, weight and experience level you'll have no problems. Just take it easy. It isn't so much that a 2 stroke has a lot more power as it is the power delivery is very different. I would ride my friend's CR250 when I was 16 years old and 140 pounds. I was a pretty bad rider and had no problems. But I owned a 2 stroke 125 at that time though so I understood how two strokes get on the pipe. Once you figure out how the 2-stroke delivers the power you'll be fine.

Edited by Doc_d

Maybe you could bolt on a GYTR flywheel at first if the YZ250 is too much of a handfull on trails.

Perhaps consider the new YZ250X instead,

unless you race motocross competitively, it's likely a better overall package if you mostly trailride and occasionaly do MX tracks.

Edited by mlatour

With your size and previous experience, it should be fine. It will feel like quite a bit more power, but you should be able to get used to it fairly quickly. Since you ride trails, you should really consider the YZ250X. If it would have been available for the 2015's, I would have bought that instead of my YZ250. Either one will be a blast, but the X more suited to your (and my) riding style