Sign in to follow this  

More 350 cc 4 strokes

So I am a fan of all of the brands but I like how KTM made a 350 cc four stroke. It rips. I had a buddy who had a 2015 but sold it for a 16 kx450f. Anyways. I don't see why they don't make more 350 cc motocrossers. It would be an excellent platform for something like a Honda. I bet you that would be an excellent bike. Wondering what everyone else's input would be

if yamaha made a 350 it would be my next bike......

It won't happen though. It takes more then just throwing a small bore 450 in a 250 frame.

Edited by Blowin_Trannys

No point in it. The market is small enough as it is. For one of the major manufacturers to support another model is just not cost effective. A small company like KTM can make and sell niche bikes because the cost of support for them is much less.

I believe the 350 is KTM's best selling bike.  I bought one, albeit a trail bike (XCF-W).  It just made a lot of sense to me.  As a 5'8" 160 pound guy getting back into riding after many years off the bike I didn't want something that was going to kill me but I didn't want something I would be bored with after a season.  The 350 is easier to ride than a 125 two-stroke in my opinion but has plenty of power if I want it.  In fact the new version of the 350 motor makes more horsepower than Honda's 450 but it is just spread out over a much larger RPM range so it seems softer and easier to use.

I'm not an MX guy, but the 350s have to race in the same class as the 450 right?  I think that's what keeps other manufacturers from jumping in.   If the 350s had their own class I'm sure you'd see a ton of people buy them and most manufacturer start making them.  

Edited by Doc_d

I believe the 350 is KTM's best selling bike. I bought one, albeit a trail bike (XCF-W). It just made a lot of sense to me. As a 5'8" 160 pound guy getting back into riding after many years off the bike I didn't want something that was going to kill me but I didn't want something I would be bored with after a season. The 350 is easier to ride than a 125 two-stroke in my opinion but has plenty of power if I want it. In fact the new version of the 350 motor makes more horsepower than Honda's 450 but it is just spread out over a much larger RPM range so it seems softer and easier to use.

I'm not an MX guy, but the 350s have to race in the same class as the 450 right? I think that's what keeps other manufacturers from jumping in. If the 350s had their own class I'm sure you'd see a ton of people buy them and most manufacturer start making them.

Around here ktm's 300 2 stroke is the best seller. Another odd cc bike ktm felt like producing that ktm guru's think is the best invention since the wheel.

• Like 1

Around here ktm's 300 2 stroke is the best seller. Another odd cc bike ktm felt like producing that ktm guru's think is the best invention since the wheel.

I sold my 2011 KTM 300 XC-W a few months ago for $4000.. with over 200 hours on it.  That bike was ridden hard, but it sold within a few days.

Those 300s are awesome bikes, so they sell quickly.

I think that a 350 could definitely compete with the 450 cc class. In the shootouts that's where they are placing it. With the 450s.

Tony Cairoli has won multiple 450 championships on the 350.

I sold my 2011 KTM 300 XC-W a few months ago for $4000.. with over 200 hours on it. 

that's practically new.

I got $1300 for my 2002 300 with around 1500 hrs on the clock.

• Like 1