Sign in to follow this  

Supercross What kind of SX tracks do YOU want to see?

Personally, I'm with most of the people on the jumpercross series, its ridiculous. 

How about more technicality with good passing lines. What about making small versions of famous outdoor track obstacles, huge banked turn like Glen Helen, maybe some long roller woops like Millville. Throw dust all over the track like Utah  😏

Edited by Arctic Pride

More technical sand sections, more flat turns, speed buster jumps where you can't quad everything and be out of that line. This would be great for better racing but the ME "see how big they can go" watchers would probably hate it and that's where the idea will get axed. The series already knows that guys like us will watch no matter what so they go for the wow factor to keep the non riders happy.

• Like 5

Steeper landings. If they can prep california tracks to be less hardpack and one lined, why can't they do it with the sx tracks? So i guess more ruts on the west coast. Find a way to separate riders more with something that can help reduce speed.

Simple.  Longer sections and more 180s.  This is not complicated.  The jumps do not really matter, either way.  It is the presence of 180s and long sections that make for good racing.  Everything else is secondary.    

• Like 1

More 90 and 180 turns,

a start gate that gives a clear advantage to the top 10-11 qualifiers.  Last year, only one rider won who wasn't top 3 after lap 1.

no jumps that land at the start of a turn. (avoid cross jumping)

Rhythm sections that offer alternate rhythms as it isn't a simple double, triple, double.  Make it so it's start or end with a triple.

So many sections regulate the speed needed to survive the section.   Go too fast, they crash.   Go too slow, they crash.   That isn't racing.   It's survival.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1

How about adding some more endurocross type stuff. Add some water, maybe a few logs. Just to throw it up a bit yet keep it fast paced

• Like 1

How about one of these?

2607049.jpg

Adding some elevated metal track would be cool too. I think what they need to do is just to mix it up a bit. Jumps and woops tend to get a little bit boring

I am not track design smart enough to tell you how to get what  i want, but want I want is a track that's less 110% so less injuries so I get more actual races to watch.

• Like 2

Flat 180 corners, mud, sand, mud, sand sections after the whoops. Three line sections with smaller and different jumps. Not such obvious gate pick advantage.

My number one favorite option that would really test everyone. Run everyone on time with 2 or 3 starts so there are no clear tracks. Group one goes then when they hit halfway point, send group 2. Or do it at 1/3 and 2/3rds.if 3 groups. Set up each group with equal depending qualifiers. Say if three groups, then the first would be 1, 4, 7, 10, 13,1 7 and then second group being 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 18 etc.

Easy, much easier tracks; not a freestyle show. 

I want to see the riders racing each other, not the track.

I would dare say that most of the riders setting on the gate are concerned only with surviving, and not the competition.

Might have a full season of good racing if there weren't so many on the injured list.

• Like 1

There's no easy fix with 450's on SX tracks. It takes away from the spectacle of a SX race when a blip of a throttle can clear a triple. I usually enjoy the 250 races more. If electric bikes are really the future that will change things but if those are anything like the Formula E series I'll tune out. FE races are irritating at best but usually just pathetic.

Add an outdoor SX venue similar to Daytona on the West coast.

I might be a bit of a minority here, but I think they should incorporate more sections that run up into the stands like in Detroit, but add a rhythm section going up it, maybe not as crazy as some of the other ones, but it'd still be interesting, and make the jumps small enough that you can't just quad up them. I know there is a bit of a safety concern in most eyes, but it wouldn't be much more than the rest of the track in my eyes. Plus when a stadium is at 75 percent capacity they wouldn't be lying as badly when they say it's sold out.

• Like 1