Sign in to follow this  

California dual sport ride

I had such a blast doing the barstow to vegas ride, I want to do something similar. I want to add alittle more technical stuff.

I'm thinking of leaving apple valley and hitting some mountain bike trails threw the rocks and head to purgatory. Ride some trails threw purgatory and do lol pop and the lookout trail, down and cross into the ords. Ride the wash up to a nice single track and over to the Rodman mountains. Drop into barstow and follow the barstow to vegas 2015 route threw calico, Afton canyon to Baker. Eat lunch in baker and head back the same way to Barstow. Then maybe a stop in silver lakes for a beer and hop over the hills back to apple valley.

I'm open to any changes or suggestions. The end of January works best for me, or a day off next week will work too. Sound fun to anyone?

id be in if i had a plate. 

maybe next year i will pick up a plated 500

I had such a blast doing the barstow to vegas ride, I want to do something similar. I want to add alittle more technical stuff.

I'm thinking of leaving apple valley and hitting some mountain bike trails threw the rocks and head to purgatory. Ride some trails threw purgatory and do lol pop and the lookout trail, down and cross into the ords. Ride the wash up to a nice single track and over to the Rodman mountains. Drop into barstow and follow the barstow to vegas 2015 route threw calico, Afton canyon to Baker. Eat lunch in baker and head back the same way to Barstow. Then maybe a stop in silver lakes for a beer and hop over the hills back to apple valley.

I'm open to any changes or suggestions. The end of January works best for me, or a day off next week will work too. Sound fun to anyone?

Could be in.  I should have my M1 by then.  Whats the 1 way mileage on that approx?

• Like 1

Could be in.  I should have my M1 by then.  Whats the 1 way mileage on that approx?

I have really kept track of milage. I got a 500 exc that doesn't get great milage and it will make it. I carried a Gatorade bottle with gas, never needed it. Plenty of stops along the 15 freeway if one of us tipped over and lost fuel.

I have really kept track of milage. I got a 500 exc that doesn't get great milage and it will make it. I carried a Gatorade bottle with gas, never needed it. Plenty of stops along the 15 freeway if one of us tipped over and lost fuel.

500 can get 100mi+ to a stock tank on average trails.

I usually get around 60

thats because theres times where she cant "go"

Maybe I have it geared to low to compensate my lack of skill, but it's fun and I ain't changing. Ha ha

The steam pic is after a climb, nobody else made that climb. He he. The mighty 500 drug me right up it. After I uncorked the bike it has never steamed again. Only water, but still have the stat

Maybe I have it geared to low to compensate my lack of skill, but it's fun and I ain't changing. Ha ha

You also have the JDTuner Edited by KennyMc

You also have the JDTuner

If I get rid of that and remap the computer, my milage will increase?

The steam pic is after a climb, nobody else made that climb. He he. The mighty 500 drug me right up it. After I uncorked the bike it has never steamed again. Only water, but still have the stat

i will give you the part number, its a $4 mod. 

if/when you come out for the gorman ride, that tstat needs to be gone. 

No idea which one adds more fuel. The re-map changes more than fuel which is why it is generally the better one but still also harder to come by.......

there will be a marginal difference in either direction. i dont think its worth seeking out personally, i can only speak for the xcw tho.

I had a small group that was going to ride Barstow to Vegas, spend the night in Vegas and then back the next day. Maybe we can link the 2 groups together and do a mild size group ride. Where are you guys out of?

• Like 1

I had a small group that was going to ride Barstow to Vegas, spend the night in Vegas and then back the next day. Maybe we can link the 2 groups together and do a mild size group ride. Where are you guys out of?

apple valley. About a 35 mile ride south of barstow.

apple valley. About a 35 mile ride south of barstow.

So you know that area pretty well then? I'm still getting to know all the cool areas. Just moved to Bakersfield 2 years ago. What would you think about a 2 day week ride? Stay in Vegas or state line.