Sign in to follow this  

Drz on slickrock (moab)?

I'm planning to ride the slickrock trail outside of Moab, UT this weekend. Anyone been on it on their drz before? How technical / difficult was it?

I rode it on my plated DRZ-E.  The bike is very capable for the terrain, and the traction is amazing.  Ninety percent of the trail is relatively moderate to easy, but the other 10% kicked my a$$,    I was riding with much more experienced riders and I had to have a friend ride my bike through a couple tough spots.  I recommend going with someone who knows the way, because the trail is not always obvious.  Plus they can show you a good line.  I recommend the 2.3 mile practice loop first, before the 12 mile Slickrock trail.   

It is a spectacular place to ride

Now the bad!.  When or if you crash the Slickrock is hard, so armor up.   I crashed a few times due to my mostly poor skill set, age, and poor physical condition.  My third crash nearly broke my leg and did crack the shoulder armor in my compression jacket.  A couple of the guys lead me out what they thought  was an "easier" way, called Hells Revenge.   It was not easier!  :foul: but I am glad I did try it.   But I will not do it again unless I get some "trials" skills and in better physical shape.  

• Like 1

You will love it. I went on a camping trip to Moab a few years back For 3 days day one was on quads both were his and I wrecked. Did like $500 worth of damage. Day two we mountain biked. 26 miles. Day 3 we repaired the quad and went out to go riding. Lasted about two hours until we decided we were both so tired we just wanted to pack up camp and head home.

Looking back I wish I had just geared my sm lower and brought that instead of messing up his wife's brand new quad.

Edited by quick221680