Sign in to follow this  

Back on the bike

My Army wife of  28 years came home from deployment yesterday,meaning she get's her car back, so today was a 28 degree commute to work on the bike. I did not see any other riders, even in the freezing temps, the Yamaha XT 250 started right up,and after a 2 minute warm-up it was off to work. The cables and linkage seemed a little stiff, but the sound of the motor was cool, as I yanked out the baffle on the muffler before I started it when i traded for it.

• Like 1

My Army wife of  28 years came home from deployment yesterday,meaning she get's her car back, so today was a 28 degree commute to work on the bike. I did not see any other riders, even in the freezing temps, the Yamaha XT 250 started right up,and after a 2 minute warm-up it was off to work. The cables and linkage seemed a little stiff, but the sound of the motor was cool, as I yanked out the baffle on the muffler before I started it when i traded for it.

I've been riding my XT250 to work as well, mid to upper 20's is about my minimum, when we got down in the teens or even low 20's I take my truck. 

• Like 1