Sign in to follow this  

Y-FR Performance softer throttle spring for Xtrainer and 16 300RR

Made a little video to review @mexmex 's softer throttle spring.  Long story short, it works amazing and has zero drawbacks.  Throttle snaps right back and the pull is significantly lighter.  100% happy with it and highly recommend to anyone who finds their throttle to be a bit stiffer than they'd like.

• Like 7

Made a little video to review @mexmex 's softer throttle spring.  Long story short, it works amazing and has zero drawbacks.  Throttle snaps right back and the pull is significantly lighter.  100% happy with it and highly recommend to anyone who finds their throttle to be a bit stiffer than they'd like.

Very glad you liked it! :D

• Like 1

Funny, I find the throttle quite soft on my 16' XTrainer.

I beleive the issue was addressed '16 and up.

• Like 1

I beleive the issue was addressed '16 and up.

Was there an issue? I don't feel like anything is bad with my 15' 300  but if it works better somehow that might be interesting.. any little bit counts.. but I never felt a problem. So they put a softer spring from 2016 on the bikes from the factory?

as far as i'm aware the problem started with 2015 Xtrainers and 2016 RR's.  My 16 300rr had quite a stiff throttle until i swapped it for the YFR spring.

• Like 1

The stiffness of the throttle is only an issue with the OI equipped models, '15 Xtrainers and all '16 2t non-RE, because of the TPS which add extra resistance to the throttle action.

The softer/smother engagement of the throttle really helps to apply the power is a more controllable manner. This is probably more of an issue for novice riders and those not used to 2t power delivery.

• Like 1

I put the Y-FR spring in my 16 XT, made it easier to come on the throttle more smoothly. Great product

That is the same experience I had on the '15 Xtrainer.

I would get the screw/bolt replacement kit at the same time, if still offered.

Does anyone have a link to y-fr performance?

Hey hawaiidirtrider i totally forgot to get back to you on youtube, sorry about that! Yeah it seems he's out of stock right now.  I'm trying to get more info to get back to you guys. College has had me beat up this last semester but i'll try and get into contact with him and relay some info! Based off his website i'm not sure if he abandoned the site or project or what.

Edited by k4f5x0r

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the (very) slow respond on my side, but I moved out from the US temporarily, and non of the product is available as shipping is just way to expensive. The whole Y-FR site is on hols for the moment from this very reason.

Sorry again!

• Like 2

Was a matter of figuring out using USPS 1st class service. All done and tested! 🙂

• Like 1