Sign in to follow this  

1997 xr200r flywheel torquing

What is the correct way to torque the flywheel on my 1997 xr200r I had a guy tell just to use a impact and another guy said to pack the cylinder with rope through the spark plug hole I figured id turn to the experts I always got fast replies on here by Chuck and a few others thanks in advance

And what is the torque specs

If by flywheel you mean the rotor on the left side of the engine the bolt is small so not much torque, I don't have a manual with me but the early XR200R shop manual has the wrong torque value (too high).  Clymer and 96+ Honda manuals are OK.

No impact to tighten any of the engine fasteners.

• Like 1

Yes I mean the rotor what is the best way to hold it while u titen it I put it on there and the bolt came lose and it sheared the little key on the crankshaft

A strap wrench will usually hold for the small torque that is needed, I think it is less tha 30 lb/ft. If you use one with a rubber belt clean the out side of the rotor real good with a solvent.

The other option is a penny in the crank/clutch gears on the right side of the engine.

Hopefully someone with a manual will post the correct torque.

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 1

Okay thxx u always get me out of a bind haha im the that was asking if the atc 185 top end will fit on my xr200r bottom end and it does and runs