Sign in to follow this  

Plug change with acerbis tank?

Thought I saw a reference to this but could not find it with a search.  To those that are running an Acerbis oversize tank, can you change the plug without removing the tank?

• Like 1

Thought I saw a reference to this but could not find it with a search.  To those that are running an Acerbis oversize tank, can you change the plug without removing the tank?

Not as easy with stock. I'll get some photos of my buddies bike from the UK that runs one on his 04 I keep for him.

No plug is real easy to get to though with any tank stock or oversized. Just 4 10mm bolts

Lift it high enough to manage.

Acerbis wins with access over IMS if you foul or change your plug, then get one.

Acerbis:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMS Zip Ty:

image.jpeg

Don't think you need the other side. But all I gotta say, Zip Ty gives a lower center of gravity. Mean a lot in the tech stuff.

Clark also has good plug access for the aluminum framers.

Tight fit on the steel frames though, can get to mine, but it's just barely. Glad I've never fouled a plug out in the woods..

• Like 2

Acerbis wins with access over IMS if you foul or change your plug, then get one.

Acerbis:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMS Zip Ty:

image.jpeg

Don't think you need the other side. But all I gotta say, Zip Ty gives a lower center of gravity. Mean a lot in the tech stuff.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks!

• Like 1