Fuel dripping from FCR/hard starting

Good morning all,

I noticed that, after cleaning up the fcr carb on my KTM 625, that a small amount of fuel is dripping (at a very slow rate) from the fuel overflow. It goes without saying that I need to address the leak, but would this leak also cause the bike to be even more difficult to start than normal? It does start, and it runs well. Thanks for the input!

Nice write up. I like your two extra ideas about polishing the seat and the workaround with the petcock. Thanks.

I had a crusty green deposit that needed to be cleaned off the seat. I don't know what it was. It was hard to get off but a drop of water seemed to dissolve it. I was thinking it was from the ethanol in the gas.

Nice write up. I like your two extra ideas about polishing the seat and the workaround with the petcock. Thanks.

I had a crusty green deposit that needed to be cleaned off the seat. I don't know what it was. It was hard to get off but a drop of water seemed to dissolve it. I was thinking it was from the ethanol in the gas.

it was

You have to treat all gas all the time for ethanol contamination

So I finally got to taking the carb out of the bike to inspect the float valve. The needle tip is still pliable with no grooves, and the inside of the valve seat is clean and not corroded. I pulled the float valve seat out and discovered an o-ring in pretty crusty and crappie shape. Any possibility that the o-ring be the culprit? See attached photo...