Sign in to follow this  

04/5 125 cylinder pics...

If anyone can post up a pic of the bore of a 04-05 cylinder on the intake side, I'd appreciate it.

I'm doing some research and trying to figure out why Wiseco makes a different piston for 03 vs 04/5. And a $10 difference. What I've come up with so far is:

The ring locating pin on an 03 is offset from the intake window and the ring split rides along a bridge in the cylinder. The 04/5 piston, the ring split is directly up the middle of the intake window and I want to see if the 04/5 cylinder has a different design and a bridge up the center of the intake side. If not, what's Wiseco thinking???

On another note, Vertex and Pro-x use the same p/n for 03-05. I have run Vertex before but don't have any in the old piston box. I do have about 25 wisecos though for my sons 03. But I am working on a kids frankenstein bike and it has an assortment of parts used on it. 

Here's some pics to refer to.

03 piston

20151218_105451_zpso4rkg6lj.jpg

04/5 piston pin would be located here.

20151218_105516_zpss07unslm.jpg

The porting is identical between them as far as I can tell without measuring.  The ring gap would pass over the center of the boost port in the later design.  This isn't necessarily a problem.  The port is too small to allow the ring to hang out and snag.

I ran an 05 cylinder on my 03 125 at one point to revert back to stock porting.

• Like 1