Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Any chance Fountain is rideable this weekend?

yeah... saw a few bikes in pickups, etc. Today when I was down there. Enjoy your ride when you get to it.

• Like 1

Anybody been down by Fountain lately?  Is it dry in the trees or muddy?

Any news on conditions?  Wouldn't mind busting off the crust since temps are expected in the 60's tomorrow.  PPIR?

Thanks guys.

We'll be there!  Black Ram 2500, 2 KTM 300 XCs.  Swing on by and say hi if any of you guys get down there. Would love to meet ya.

I heard there was a little residual snow 2 Wednesdays ago, so it should be all dried out by now...except the mud hole.

Dave (I'll be in red/yellow riding gear)

We'll be there!  Black Ram 2500, 2 KTM 300 XCs.  Swing on by and say hi if any of you guys get down there. Would love to meet ya.

I heard there was a little residual snow 2 Wednesdays ago, so it should be all dried out by now...except the mud hole.

Dave (I'll be in red/yellow riding gear)

Looks we will see you down there.

Silver Ram Ktm 300-  plus another couple of guys, not sssure what vehicle the'll b in

Bryan

Pix would help console those that were working!! Where did you guys ride?

Was a perfect day!  I think I saw ya Bryan, but some other guys showed up and by the time I was gonna down, you guys were gone. And then there was a second silver Ram...newer. Maybe next time!

Heres a few pics for ya DEMI:

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

This one of em has my son's friend Ryan with his brand new 2014 Husky TC 250:

IMG_0030.JPG

• Like 1

Was a perfect day!  I think I saw ya Bryan, but some other guys showed up and by the time I was gonna down, you guys were gone. And then there was a second silver Ram...newer. Maybe next time!

Heres a few pics for ya DEMI:

This one of em has my son's friend Ryan with his brand new 2014 Husky TC 250:

Yeah - sorry Dave... We were on opposite schedules out there. When we were out you guys were in. Next time I'll make a point to stop n chat.

Man- there were a lot of people out. Beautiful day. Hard to believe it was January......

Conditions were surprisingly dry. Much dryer than my last ride there in December. Trails are a bit bumpy, but man it was fun to ride! We live in a mini-paradise guys.

Bryan

• Like 1

you bums!!! glad ya got out there, looks like it was a great time, thanks for sharing!

Ah, such a tease! South of the Springs.... give him some better directions guys!

Fountain/PPIR directly across (East) of the PPIR track.  Difficult to find as you exit off to the West side of I-25.  Cross over to the East side and go around a big sweeping turn.  You'll make the second right (?  haven't paid attention in a while) and go onto what appears to be a gentlemans ranchette.  Just keep driving past the houses and barn a few 10ths of a mile and you'll see a fence/hut.  Stop there and sign in, pay your fee and play.  Note, the trail is marked directionally once you leave the fenced parking area- although you can play around in the bowl area omnidirctionally.

Hope that helps.  Have fun when the snow melts.

Bryan

Ah, such a tease! South of the Springs.... give him some better directions guys!

Fountain/PPIR directly across (East) of the PPIR track.  Difficult to find as you exit off to the West side of I-25.  Cross over to the East side and go around a big sweeping turn.  You'll make the second right (?  haven't paid attention in a while) and go onto what appears to be a gentlemans ranchette.  Just keep driving past the houses and barn a few 10ths of a mile and you'll see a fence/hut.  Stop there and sign in, pay your fee and play.  Note, the trail is marked directionally once you leave the fenced parking area- although you can play around in the bowl area omnidirctionally.

Hope that helps.  Have fun when the snow melts.

Bryan

He's from Virginia. Not likely to be going there till summer...when no one does cuz its too hot. So I didn't bother with details...cuz he'll never go. Not sure what he's doing in the RM forum anyway...other than planning a summertime trip...which takes me back to my point.

Edited by dmac1

Redhurricane is right. I'm in Lakewood, just haven't updated the profile. Ride an 01 yz250. I mostly just lurk and don't post often. 

Redhurricane is right. I'm in Lakewood, just haven't updated the profile. Ride an 01 yz250. I mostly just lurk and don't post often. 

Change your profile!  Takes about 2 seconds.

True about how hot it is there in the summer tho..... TLike riding on the surface of the sun, if the sun was dusty.  Took the wife and nephew there once in August.  Big Mistake.

Bryan