Sign in to follow this  

2013 big bore or oem?

So getting ready to rebuild top end for the 1st time and was hoping someone could share some advice or experience with the big bore option. From what I have read the ecu would have to be remapped and without going further like hot cams and maybe new exhaust I'm looking at only gaining a couple hp down low and losing more on top.? I'm a vet novice rider just getting back into it so I'm definitely more of a lugger on the track but I'm wondering if the gain would be that noticeable. The bike seems to have lost a little pop since I bought it 6 months ago and a new oem rebuild might be all I need..? Anyone run the cylinder works kit on the 13?? I also noticed the bb kit comes with a 13.5:1 piston instead of the 13.8 oem.

No real world experience, but from what I have read on BB ride reports, they are underwhelming. Regarding getting your zip back, could just need rings. How many hours on this bike since piston/rings? Have you checked your valves?

No idea on the hours. I'm going to check valves this weekend but I figured a fresh top end would be a nice start for next year if I can afford it lol

This bike has a knocking that sounds like it's coming from the top end. I noticed it a little when I bought the bike but it's noticeably louder now.

So after too many hours of searching, reading, and frustration I've decided to stick with stock piston but now I've run into another question. The 13 is supposed to come with a 13.8:1 compression piston but when I do a search on ebay everything is 13.5:1... am I missing something? And any recommendations on where to buy a top end kit from and which ones to avoid???

So getting ready to rebuild top end for the 1st time and was hoping someone could share some advice or experience with the big bore option. From what I have read the ecu would have to be remapped and without going further like hot cams and maybe new exhaust I'm looking at only gaining a couple hp down low and losing more on top.? I'm a vet novice rider just getting back into it so I'm definitely more of a lugger on the track but I'm wondering if the gain would be that noticeable. The bike seems to have lost a little pop since I bought it 6 months ago and a new oem rebuild might be all I need..? Anyone run the cylinder works kit on the 13?? I also noticed the bb kit comes with a 13.5:1 piston instead of the 13.8 oem.

I built an 11 with the CylinderWorks kit. It was outstanding. The power increase was throughout the RPM range and ran perfect with no mapping.

• Like 1