Sign in to follow this  

'02 kx 250 restoration

Hi guys I'm currently in the middle of rebuilding a kx. I always loved these bikes so when this one popped up I had to grab it. I'm looking at doing a kdx gear swap, 18 inch rear and a full rebuild of the engine along with plastics and a suspension overhaul. I have read many threads on setups and hope to have this ready for some club races early next year! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450490826.927481.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450490844.202014.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450490863.311739.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450490911.485532.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450490977.220221.jpg

• Like 3

Well I had an off and blew a knee out so I'm off for another 8 months. Managed to get the frame stripped will be off to to powder coaters next week. The motor is getting a '98 first gear, 13oz stealhy fly weight and full rebuild currently. The suspension also has been rebuilt and set for bush duties. The original stuff was rooted so it's cost a fair bit to have t redone!

Il be piecing it together in the next couple of months. Still not sure about a black or grey frame..

Edited by Nate250kx

If my 2000 had green plastics instead of black I would do a Saturn black frame

Frame should be green. :prof:

I do like the green frames

image.png

• Like 1

^^ that looks awesome. It's hard to decide! Do like the original look but..

This one looks great also

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458965253.920343.jpg

It'd be cool to do a purple frame if you could find the throwback graphics for an L... I did my frame in silver on my 00.

What color side panels and rear fender you going ?

I am not sure yet. This is the sticker kit I got so have to have a think about it. Might get another sticker kit yet this one is a bit retro. Possibly a black rear and everything else green? What do you think ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461971279.900846.jpg