Sign in to follow this  

Wife made the mistake of telling me to buy my own Xmas presents this year...

... and so far I've got a FMF Powerbomb, new hand guards, some bling on the way, and Larry is trying his best to get me a Fox shock for my b-day.  I was thinking about going ahead and ordering the Clarke desert tank I've been eyeing as well but figure that as soon as I get that Fox shock, I'll be wanting to get the front end fixed pretty quick.

In any event, here's hoping your wives/S.O.s are making the same mistake. :cheers:

• Like 2

... and so far I've got a FMF Powerbomb, new hand guards, some bling on the way, and Larry is trying his best to get me a Fox shock for my b-day.  I was thinking about going ahead and ordering the Clarke desert tank I've been eyeing as well but figure that as soon as I get that Fox shock, I'll be wanting to get the front end fixed pretty quick.

In any event, here's hoping your wives/S.O.s are making the same mistake. :cheers:

My problem we have same bikes.So When I mod mine,she wants same thing.Now she wants stroker crank for Xmas. :devil:

• Like 1

Dont know what year your 230 is.Clark tanks only fit the late 230fs.You need do small mods,to mount on early 230f.Its only 2.9 gal,but with 50mpg+ its perfect.

• Like 1

I've always been one to pick up used fixer upper bikes. You know the kind you've gotta work on for two weeks to ride one day kind. The wife made the mistake one day of saying "I wish you would buy a NEW bike so you don't have to work on it all the time!". Five days later I pull up to the house with a brand new bike in the bed of the truck. She comes out and says," You didn't waste any time did you." I replied," I was afraid you would change your mind!"

• Like 5

Dont know what year your 230 is.Clark tanks only fit the late 230fs.You need do small mods,to mount on early 230f.Its only 2.9 gal,but with 50mpg+ its perfect.

Yep, mine is a late model ('09) so I'm good to go.

I've always been one to pick up used fixer upper bikes. You know the kind you've gotta work on for two weeks to ride one day kind. The wife made the mistake one day of saying "I wish you would buy a NEW bike so you don't have to work on it all the time!". Five days later I pull up to the house with a brand new bike in the bed of the truck. She comes out and says," You didn't waste any time did you." I replied," I was afraid you would change your mind!"

I do that as well.  I'll find a bike that needs a lot of maintenance or needs some basic repairs, do the work and then sell it at a few hundred dollars of profit.  It's more of a hobby than anything else but it helps my tinkering desire without breaking the bank.  I actually picked up a 150F that needed some work and after getting it all fixed up, thought it was a great little bike but felt I would have preferred the 230.  One popped up on Craigslist at a really good price so I snapped it up.  Although I'm still looking for an XR400 at a good price, the 230 is a really solid desert bike, especially in the terrain I ride in.  I can go from open desert to tight rocky trails and back to open desert in less than a mile around here.

The wife made the mistake one day of saying "I wish you would buy a NEW bike so you don't have to work on it all the time!". Five days later I pull up to the house with a brand new bike in the bed of the truck. She comes out and says," You didn't waste any time did you." I replied," I was afraid you would change your mind!"

I met my wife at the track. I stopped racing because I was getting so fat that my added weight made me non-competitive on my 250. She missed going to the track. She said "you need to buy a bigger bike"

So I did, I replaced the 250 with a 750. Did it quickly so she couldn't change her mind.

• Like 1