Sign in to follow this  

I am looking to buy a kx250 and just need some info on the pros and cons of a 2006 kx250f

hay everyone

i got offered a 2006 Kx250f for around $2000 (Australian Dollars) and i just want to know the pros and cons if them like how reliable they are, and how they ride.

I only go riding probably about once or twice a week and i am probably about a amateur to intermediate rider so i dont go that fast just wondering how this bike will suit me

thanks.

The general consensus is buy at min. a 2007. They progreesivly get better from there on up

• Like 1

So what do you think of the 2006 model?

i have also herd that they blow up is this true?

Edited by Nitro_

Its a good bike. Theyre just saying theyve gotten better over the years...of course. That goes without saying. But as time goes on. Newer old bikes are as easy to find.

In my opinion. Any bike youll have to get new rings and adjust valves someday. If you stay up on things that wear over time i dont know about blowing up. If oil flows and water flows youre good. The older bikes are known to be hot. Upgrades in water pumps and radiators are available. It seems like this is whats available to you. Parts are definitely available. Id pay around 1000 USD for a decent running stock 06 kx.

there basically a 07' except i think the 06' was the last year that had overheating problems. Which can be easily remedied with radiator swap out and a few otheres

Its a good bike. Theyre just saying theyve gotten better over the years...of course. That goes without saying. But as time goes on. Newer old bikes are as easy to find.

In my opinion. Any bike youll have to get new rings and adjust valves someday. If you stay up on things that wear over time i dont know about blowing up. If oil flows and water flows youre good. The older bikes are known to be hot. Upgrades in water pumps and radiators are available. It seems like this is whats available to you. Parts are definitely available. Id pay around 1000 USD for a decent running stock 06 kx.

Thanks Man for the advice i appreciate it.

there basically a 07' except i think the 06' was the last year that had overheating problems. Which can be easily remedied with radiator swap out and a few otheres

Cool thanks> ill look into it

I have an 07 and it's been a great bike. I think the 06 was very similar to the 07. If you get it just go through the whole bike. Take it all apart, inspect and re torque and grease everything. Put valves ect. In spec, change all fluids. You'll then have a good base to do your maint. Off. And you'll know that everything is where it should be. I'm doing all this to my bike as I speak. I'm good about stuff but I still found a few things that needed a little attention that I wouldn't know with out taking it all apart. Good luck with the bike