Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a hitch hauler- SMC 600 from Discount Ramps...

http://www.discountramps.com/smc-600-motorcycle-hauler/p/SMC-600R/

This thing is GNARLY!.

My plan is to actually make 2 racks out of it.

The entire box weighed 100 lbs.

I am going to make one dual receiver rack with the alum rail and wheel clamp at about 40 lbs for the back of the motorhome and use the 

remainder steel framing and center receiver and make a single receiver unit that should weigh in at about 65 lbs.

All I need is 4 ft of aluminum receiver tubing, another wheel chock for the steel ramp  and additional hardware.

This rack is heavy duty and is rated at 600 lbs off a single receiver. I do not know how I would mount it alone.

Delivered (the delivery dude must have been cussing me out) for $300.

For about another $60 I will have 2 setups- both extremely HD- enough to drag around my 425 lb KLR. 

smc-600-motorcycle-hauler__3.jpg

http://www.discountramps.com/smc-600-motorcycle-hauler/p/SMC-600R/

This thing is GNARLY!.

My plan is to actually make 2 racks out of it.

The entire box weighed 100 lbs.

I am going to make one dual receiver rack with the alum rail and wheel clamp at about 40 lbs for the back of the motorhome and use the 

remainder steel framing and center receiver and make a single receiver unit that should weigh in at about 65 lbs.

All I need is 4 ft of aluminum receiver tubing, another wheel chock for the steel ramp  and additional hardware.

This rack is heavy duty and is rated at 600 lbs off a single receiver. I do not know how I would mount it alone.

Delivered (the delivery dude must have been cussing me out) for $300.

For about another $60 I will have 2 setups- both extremely HD- enough to drag around my 425 lb KLR. 

smc-600-motorcycle-hauler__3.jpg

If you haul that thing to PV and want to play around Mingus Mountain or points north or south, PM me. Some off road ability for the KLR is required. My first gen is dirt oriented.

• Like 1

If you haul that thing to PV and want to play around Mingus Mountain or points north or south, PM me. Some off road ability for the KLR is required. My first gen is dirt oriented.

When I make the move  to Az I am going to plate the CRF also.

I will make the KLR more dirt worthy though- skid plates etc.

(and plate the Rzr)

• Like 1