Sign in to follow this  

First two stroke....

I have a very nice 2006 DRZe 400 that is great fun and upto now has delt well with my abilities, however I now find myself wanting to takle some harder or more technical stuff and the old drz is a little heavy so I am thinking of buying a 250 two stroker to play with, the drz stays thats for sure but a something lighter and more responsive would be fun.

So I am between the gasgas the KTM and the Husvana.........anyone with any advise and opinion on this...¿?

I would defiantly consider the yz. I just bought a ktm 300. It's an ok bike but not a Yamaha build quality. I would describe it as cheap or cheesy. I was disgusted when I took the shrouds off. There are just grabber screws into the plastic lol. I spent 9k for this ha. Mine is in the shop right now with 9hrs on it because it won't shift. Maybe it's the oil ktm recommends that's causing the problem.

I would defiantly consider the yz. I just bought a ktm 300. It's an ok bike but not a Yamaha build quality. I would describe it as cheap or cheesy. I was disgusted when I took the shrouds off. There are just grabber screws into the plastic lol. I spent 9k for this ha. Mine is in the shop right now with 9hrs on it because it won't shift. Maybe it's the oil ktm recommends that's causing the problem.

what year is it?

what year is it?

Got myself a YZ250 almost 2 years ago since I wanted more power than my 250F but didnt want the cost and maintenance of a 450 four stroke...love the YZ...cheap to work on and lots of available parts...pretty much same bike for years...just get suspension rebuilt for you and ride the heck out of it...

Ridden a few KTM 300's over the years...decent bike but the YZ is a lot more fun, better build quality, and parts are far cheaper...and the KTM suspension just never feels right...

-mt-

16 300 xc

im shocked your unhappy with that bike. I don't see why it would be an oil related issue either [emoji33]

well thats all very confusing, thanks all the same guys but.....................

The Yz is not a road licenced bike and due to the spanish law the bike i get has to be road legal so even though I love Yamas I cant go down that road. The KTM is a bit expensive for a bike I am going to really throw about so the local (to me) gas gas makes sense. However I now am going to throw a bigger spanner in the works.....thinking of getting a trial bike instead to better my skills....any thoughts?¿

I may be a bit biased, but I'd seriously look at Beta. IMO, the best technical-offroad offering ATM. I wouldn't recommend a trials bike unless someone wanted to ride trials. I love my trials bike, but in no way is it a very good substitution for an enduro bike. However, a trials bike is by far one of the best skill building tools.

Edited by Sierra_rider
  • Like 4

Ruled out Sherco enduro?

well thats all very confusing, thanks all the same guys but.....................

The Yz is not a road licenced bike and due to the spanish law the bike i get has to be road legal so even though I love Yamas I cant go down that road. The KTM is a bit expensive for a bike I am going to really throw about so the local (to me) gas gas makes sense. However I now am going to throw a bigger spanner in the works.....thinking of getting a trial bike instead to better my skills....any thoughts?¿

If trials bike go 4rt. 100%

Or:

FdKyrYf.jpg

All benefits of 4rt but more fuel, normal gear ratios, and higher ground clearance (If it can be registered in Australia I'll be buying one).