Sign in to follow this  

New Ride, couple ?'s

I've been looking for a bike for a little while now that would fit my needs..  I wanted a four stroke but, because of my 6'2 and 225lb frame I was worried I would that i would want more than a 250 fairly quickly.. However i didn't want to go straight to a 450 either..  I started looking at the KTM for it's 350 models and fell in love with the bikes.  

I ended up buying this 2015 leftover 350 XC-F last night.  i gotta tell you though, it was a very very tough decision as far as which model to get...  The 300xc 2t bike also looks really, really fun, but since they were both 2015's and the same exact price, the xc-f had a lot more discount..  I also thought the 2t power delivery may be harder for a novice.  I really had to think about it though, and kinda still am..  To complicate things even further the dealer offered up a 2016 SXF for only $680. more.  I just didn't think the sx would fit my riding as well as the xc. 

A big part of the decision was that the XC-F should carry a better resale if i start riding and decide i want to move to one of the other models, and i think it will be the best fit for my riding..  I LOVE this thing, and i haven't even had gas in it yet..lol   I bought it yesterday and spent all day today packing for vacation because we leave this evening.

Couple things

1.  I plan to order some bike protecting bits, if some of you guys could point me in the right direction for skid plates etc, i would really appreciate it. 

2.  Can anyone offer up suspension settings that will get the bike as close as possible to start out.  I realize that i will have to have it reworked for my weight but, it won't happen for a couple months probably..

3.  What other mods or tricks can you guys suggest i should look into?

The first mod i need to give it is a decent rider mod...lol

1219151132%201_zpshegltw7h.jpg

Nice, skid plate, I use the Enduro Engineering aluminum one, Cycra Pro Bend hand guards, Radiator guards EE and then ride the hell out it. You can figure suspension needs after putting some miles on it. You might want to look into the EFI mapping switch as well. Will let you ride it in a milder setting which helps if you're riding technical terrain or get tired.

Edited by AppDawg

IMO; I would use a plastic skid plate, they are much quieter. I use the KTM plate on both bikes. I would purchase a " Grunt Exhaust Manifold" from https://bestdualsportbikes.com/. This manifold will increase the bottom and mid power form your 350 without disturbing the top end. I have it on both of my 350's. Set you TPS to 0.74 volts, and install a slip on muffler of you choice or the PQP Endcap from BDSB and enjoy.

2015 KTM 350 Six Days, 2015 KTM 350 SXF. Thanks Adam Krefting

Edited by LRM