Sign in to follow this  

Ready to jump ship

Yet again I have an itch for a new bike. I've had my X for 6 years and it's perfectly set up for my needs. Suspension is dialed in, Baja Designs light, Tubliss, Scotts, JD jetting, plated etc. The hours are still low at 120, still running stock chain and sprockets! Just adjusted valves, plenty of room for further adjustments. Never let me down. In other words I definitely do not need another bike. Yet I want one badly. 

Now if Honda would actually have FI 450X I would definitely buy one right away. Looking really hard at new WR450 or 450FX. It would be nice to enjoy 10 years newer technology even though they are not as light as I wish they were. Also peeking at Orange, 350EXC looks pretty good and next year it will have newer engine. 

So is anyone in similar situation? Should I resist the urge? 

Krannie,

I'm waiting for the judgement once you get yours. It may be a bit too exotic for my taste, I really enjoy just buying aftermarket parts that are readily available. Can't wait to be a your Beta review though.

Krannie,

I'm waiting for the judgement once you get yours. It may be a bit too exotic for my taste, I really enjoy just buying aftermarket parts that are readily available. Can't wait to be a your Beta review though.

Everypart is available that you can think of.

Not many USA companies have updated their websites to reflect this......so there is more seach time involved.

BETA makes most of these aftermarket parts available to the end user, regardless of brand, regardless of country of origin, right on their website.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/c/enduro_rr-rs_2016-rr-4-stroke_engine

http://shop.americanbeta.com/c/enduro_rr-rs_2016-rr-4-stroke_chassis_body-protection

If price is an issue, you can easily 'back engneer' where the item comes from and do a google search. You will find BETA's site is in line price wise most of the time.

BETA is a very conservative company when it comes to releasing product and product development.

They are a much bigger company than you think, being an OEM engine or trans supplier to companies like KTM, GasGas, and others.

Most of the accessory parts BETA sells are USA brands, or brands that are dominate in the USA.

There is nothing I can't find on that website, accept multiple brands for the same item (like Clarke vs IMS tanks....)

There is an Italian speciality company (Boano Moto) that makes/imports the exotic stuff: triple clamps for different fork brands, internal gear upgrades, maps, etc. They ship world wide.

The only real issues with BETA is availability of certain motor parts. They do not stock very deep in the USA for things like Cranks and trans gears. Sometimes you have to wait....just like every other Eurobrand.

Edited by KRANNIE
  • Like 1

Don't have it yet.

Approx Jan 6th

Getting in in AZ so it will be STREET LEGAL!

Yeah just read the whiners thread in Beta. Sounds like we will get a full report in March :devil:

Don't have it yet.

Approx Jan 6th

Getting in in AZ so it will be STREET LEGAL!

Everything is street legal in Arizona!!.................

• Like 1