Vacpump fittings...

Hey guys, Merry Xmas... ☺

What I.d/o.d tubing have you used on your VAC pumps and what type of fittings...

I've seen some like the racefit rig then I've seen some more aerospace grade..????

Just got to buy fittings before I plumb it together now

I use 8mm white polyethylene tubing and fittings from this manufacturer: http://www.smcusa.com/smc.aspx. There are many types of fittings, so you need to choose one that suits the application.  The manufacturer will provide a vacuum rating, so choose one rated higher than the capacity of your pump.  Our pump pulls 29" Hg vacuum, and the fittings are rated for 29.5.  Face seal or gasket seal fittings are common for shocks, and obviously choose the thread type that fits your shock.

The tubing I got from a hydraulics shop is 10mm (6mm I'd), will withstand both the vacuum and the pressure.

But I was thinking it looks overkill vs the branded pumps, Brad from shockbleeder is gonna get some adapters shipped to me in the UK. But I do have a lathe n workshop access...

So those push to fit hydraulic fittings will be fine, I will check rating of pressure/vacuum limits.

I'm mounting mine in a box, its going in my shop so its got to look good and work proper, I refuse to pay 2-3k GBP for a branded manual one..!

Page 12, mxscandi's instructions don't make sense... This is the same rig I've used in the past, but is it better than anybody else's..?

A trapp tank, nobody else uses one, any benefit..?

Not much talk of people building these, there are alot of broken links so I can't see peoples old pictures etc...

Have people opted towards a particular design..?

Would love some feedback on this one ☺

Awesome, my perspex panelling has arrived along with the ally extruded framing...

Brad from shock bleeder has sent me a set of comp port adaptors [emoji1]

Ive settled on 8/6 polyurethane tubing, on the hose from the unit i have incorporated spring guards and some nice stainless fittings.

The handles for my box are the same as found on the andreani box, from the same supplier...

All i have to get now is the ball valves, panel mounted ones, i was looking at the andreani ones, I'm wondering how the sp2 unit works.

From the pictures I've seen it has 3 valves, all that are labelled on/off and nothing else...

Well a couple more bits ordered today, one being an inline pressure reg/water trap to save changing pressure setting on the compressor.

On that note, do the andrean sp2/ohlins use an internal electric pump..???

I thought maybe it'd make the unit less cumbersome with connections everywhere.

Any idea what the filter is on this wp setup, behind the pressure regulator.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1451954662.426131.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1451954675.797028.jpg

Lastly hows my schematic look,

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1451954758.977219.jpg

Still playing with the schematic, but that line is to vac the shock...

Ive seen lots of designs some uber complicated others not so.

There is a little reverse engineering going on also, lol...

The andreani sp2 looks very simple, anybody got a picture of the top panel as its instructions are printed on there...

I can only find the sp3 user manual which is automated so no use.

So my v1 would be pressure tank/evac tank.

My v2 would be vac shock/vac tank.

v3 would be vac shock/fill shock.

Tank refill via v3/v2...

Ive spent so far the following in gbp-

Cost to make tank 70.00

3mm Perspex panels for case 30.00

Gloss carbon vinyl for perspex covers 15.00

Extruded ally frame for case inc fittings 76.00

Vac pump 53.00

Vac/pressure gauge 32.00

Pressure reg/water trap 12.50

Panel mount airline fittings 14.00

Polyurethane clear hydraulic hose 8/6 8.50

Various compression fittings not costed yet.

One way valves 15.00

A set of comp port fittings from Brad 100.00

Handles for case 14.00

Have yet to find suitable valves for v1,2,3 as want panel mount stuff and i like the ohlins ones but cant find them.

Have yet to source hydraulic push fittings for the external hose.

Have yet to source fittings for range of dampers/steering dampers etc.