Problems Shifting

I went trail riding and a little track type riding this weekend and I was having problems shifting from 2nd to 1st. I pulled in the clutch and pushed down and it either didn't go out of 2nd or went into neutral. I had to almost double clutch it. Sometimes it won't even go into 1st unless I let the clutch out a little then it pops down. Now I am not a rookie here and I know how to shift. I have been riding street and dirt for 12 years. Does anyone have this problem or has had this problem before. Suggestions?

Bent shift fork?

Just a guess. Do you tend to stomp between the gears? I have heard of people bending the forks by stomping too hard on the shifter. I have also heard of shift forks bending after a good crash where the ground pounds on the shift lever.

A little help there please.

This is my first year to ride a 4 stroke. It does not shift as good as my 01 YZ250. My only problem is when I shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I am not carefull it will go into nutral. I make sure if there is a jump right out of a turn and I do it in first, that I dont shift into second until I hit the ground. I have never endoed, but have had several close calls.

This is my first year to ride a 4 stroke. It does not shift as good as my 01 YZ250. My only problem is when I shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I am not carefull it will go into nutral. I make sure if there is a jump right out of a turn and I do it in first, that I dont shift into second until I hit the ground. I have never endoed, but have had several close calls.

I don't know about the bent shift lever, mine did this right out of the box. I can almost count on it when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. I've just learned to deal with it. If anyone has a fix, I'd be interested too!