Chain slap mod idea

Trying to work out some way round that dreaded chain clatter, all the ideas I've heard seem to just cover it up but I'm trying to find some way of curing it for good! It's taken out chunks of my frame, rear tyre and mud flap! Obviously keeping the chain the correct tenision etc helps but it still happens especially on the road!

I was thinking along the ideas of mounting a bracket near the end off the front chain slider to keep the chain from flying all over the place. Excuse the terrible drawings but hopefully you get the idea, what do you think? Any thoughts to why this wouldn't work, or would the torque from the chain just damage it? Or anyone come up with any better ideas, thought of maybe another chain slider over the top and fix it in place but can't think of any fesible way to secure it...if I were to do this it would look a lot less pikey than in the pics lol.

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

I'm in the same boat but with TM slide and guide and 12/53 gearing.  I always feel guilty for running it a tad on the tight side to get rid of the slap.  In your design, would the top roller have spring loaded pressure down on the chain?  Also, will the slotted bracket the chain goes through be made of plastic and stop side to side play?  I think it would be a great idea to prototype your idea.

I always thought about spring loading a plastic guide on the bottom side of the swing arm before the chain enters the fixed guide and making a mud shield for the chain on the top side where the knobbie dumps crud on it.  I noticed on ebay there are a few old swingarms to be had cheap for experimentationalizingish action.

I've got an acerbis guide coming but I'm sceptical that will sort it. It'll have to be made if steel as I imagine it's going to be taking a fair beating looking at how much damage the chains doing to the surrounding area! And I was considering having it spring loaded but I think I'll try it fixed for the time being. I can't think of any other way of mounting it other than drilling the swinging arm and fitting nut inserts but shouldn't affect the structural integrity of it

That's not to say it doesn't pretty much go away if the chain tension is perfect, but it doesn't take an awful lot for it to stretch just enough for it to start clattering about again. The fact is at some point you're gonna end up with it out of spec when you're riding but you can't exactly stop, mid competition and tighten it lol. Then saying that it's normally after a hard thrashing on the track, on the ride home it's most noticeable. But I will make sure it's spot on before I go out on it sunday and see how I get on!